What, if any, are the moisture resistance abilities of the D-Mini?

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
The head is entirely sealed and there are double O-rings at the tail, so I would guess that it's pretty water-resistant. However, I'm not going to drop mine in the drink to test it for you! :lolsign:

RdlyLite

Enlightened
Woot! Batteryjunction here I come! :sold:

TigerhawkT3 said:
The head is entirely sealed and there are double O-rings at the tail, so I would guess that it's pretty water-resistant. However, I'm not going to drop mine in the drink to test it for you! :lolsign:

Mudd Magnet

Newly Enlightened
What is the harm if the led get's moist or wet if it is not on? I'll use mine as a guinea pig as it will be no good to me out in the field if it get's wet and craps out on me.

I'll start the test off in six inches then a foot of water for a hour or so. I'll of course grease up the o-rings first the only spot I am worried abought is the tail cap leaking wish me luck fellas :laughing:

Mudd Magnet

Newly Enlightened
lol the led comes out as a modual so no worries abought it getting wrecked while testing If it passes under a foot of water then I'll find a larger container and try with a couple feet if I have a suitable container that is.

What is the standard test procedure on here? I'll put a couple of my other lights threw the same test and what should I use to lube the o-rings up petrolium jelly be ok? thanks

RdlyLite

Enlightened
You so crazy! :lolsign:

Mudd Magnet said:
lol the led comes out as a modual so no worries abought it getting wrecked while testing If it passes under a foot of water then I'll find a larger container and try with a couple feet if I have a suitable container that is.

What is the standard test procedure on here? I'll put a couple of my other lights threw the same test and what should I use to lube the o-rings up petrolium jelly be ok? thanks

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
BTW, I got my D-Mini direct from Ricky in the Manufacturer forum. If you want to buy straight from Lumapower, I very highly recommend it.

Mudd Magnet

Newly Enlightened
TigerhawkT3 said:
BTW, I got my D-Mini direct from Ricky in the Manufacturer forum. If you want to buy straight from Lumapower, I very highly recommend it.

Agreed ricky is a great fellow to do bussines with I got my light within a week. The package was packed up nice and secure I was so excited to see the light I didn't notice all the little extras in the package :rock:This light is definatly worth the mony and I would also reccomend buying straight from ricky although I see battery station has them on for 53$ although you will probably be back up to 58 with shipping lol

Mudd Magnet

Newly Enlightened
Initial observations test started 12 o'clock am.

D-mini in ruffly six inches of room temp water no big bubbles no appearant leaks will post back in 45-1 hour with a pass/fail. The light is all stock with the amount of grease on o-rings that came from factory only thing missing is the led modual and clicky switch insert not sure what is in there so I did'nt want to chance it with my new light. If it passes I would certanly call it rain-proof and dunkable IF I can get it to a foot or more I would call the light dunkable for extended periods ex. swimming at night, caving in a very damp/wet enviroment ect.

Note to others I suggest testing you're own lights for the conditions you are most likely to encounter and inspect the light to make sure all o-rings are present and lubed I would hate to say it is good to swim with it and you guy's have a torn o-ring and fill you're light up with water :thumbsdow

Mudd Magnet

Newly Enlightened
ok it's out of the tank now time is 12:50 am. Time in 50 minutes, Results are pretty good. The clicky switch cover has not leaked nor have the bottom threads of the battery compartment leaked. The double o-rings worked as designed there was a small bead of water between the two but I think it is from me unscrewing it. The disapointing part is the head only has one o-ring on it and it has not done a acceptable job keeping water out. While there is no water inside the light their was beads of water up the threads of the head I am hoping this is from me unscrewing it and not water seeping past the o-ring, I would need to test longer to find out. Ricky if you are listening would you consider adding a extra o-ring to the head of this light? I think it seems fit as there are two on the bottom and yet only one on the top.

Right now I would be fine with this light in the rain and the occasional dunk. we need more test's to find out if the single o-ring is going to be a problem for more extensive use in water.

RdlyLite

Enlightened
Dude, you are doing us a major service. I appreciate very much. As I don't have funds to just throw around. lol.

Mudd Magnet said:
ok it's out of the tank now time is 12:50 am. Time in 50 minutes, Results are pretty good. The clicky switch cover has not leaked nor have the bottom threads of the battery compartment leaked. The double o-rings worked as designed there was a small bead of water between the two but I think it is from me unscrewing it. The disapointing part is the head only has one o-ring on it and it has not done a acceptable job keeping water out. While there is no water inside the light their was beads of water up the threads of the head I am hoping this is from me unscrewing it and not water seeping past the o-ring, I would need to test longer to find out. Ricky if you are listening would you consider adding a extra o-ring to the head of this light? I think it seems fit as there are two on the bottom and yet only one on the top.

Right now I would be fine with this light in the rain and the occasional dunk. we need more test's to find out if the single o-ring is going to be a problem for more extensive use in water.

SEMIJim

Enlightened
TigerhawkT3 said:
If you want to buy straight from Lumapower, I very highly recommend it.
Might not be the best idea near and during the Chinese Lunar New Year. Besides: BatteryJunction is relatively local, his prices are competitive with direct-from-LP prices and, from what I've been reading, Matt takes good care of his customers. I'd have no qualms about ordering directly from LP, but, with a competitive "local" source available: I think that's the way I'd go.