Long time, first time....

KentuckyMike

Enlightened
Hey everyone,

I've been a lurker for quite awhile now, but the bug has bitten me squarely (and decisively) in the behind, so I decided to finally join up, say hello, and step out of the shadows (and into the beams of a lot of your pocketlights).

I am a member over at another forum, where this forum gets a mention every now and again, and my once sporadic trips over here are now daily. I'm a tinkering addict and a (not ready to recover) light and gadget freak. I always carry at least one light, many times two, and I probably have too many to count.

Anyway, before I jump right in, I just wanted to say hi. Nice place you have here, and I'm looking forward to talking to you (and probably buying from and trading with many of you...just don't tell the wife). ;-)

Thanks!!

--Mike

Last edited:

FrogsInWinter

Enlightened
Hi Mike, and welcome to CPF! :wave: . Feel free to ask for advice on buying lights. Its always best to ask for advice and do some research instead of buying the first light that catches your eye.

KentuckyMike

Enlightened
FrogsInWinter said:
Hi Mike, and welcome to CPF! :wave: . Feel free to ask for advice on buying lights. Its always best to ask for advice and do some research instead of buying the first light that catches your eye.

Thanks, Frogs!

I did a lot of research when I was searching for my first "serious" pocket light. I checked many sources, including CPF and FlashlightReviews.com, and ended up with a E1L. I love it (though the good natured ribbing over my $100 "toy" continues, long after I've spent more on others).

I will take you up on that offer, advice and real world experience are wonderful things, and now I can actually get personal help...and help others. Plus you guys will be a lot more supportive of my "affliction" than the better half!

Thanks again!!

--Mike

Grubbster

Enlightened
Hi Mike,
What part of the state are you in? I am about 35 miles south of Lexington. Good to see another Kyian on here.
Rob

fnmag

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mike from Kentucky, welcome to CPF. As the saying goes...hide your wallet because flashlights are a lurking. :grin2: