R.I.P. Brad Delp

Sixpointone

Enlightened
I never met Brad, but a friend of mine is/was a Roadie with him for him with the group Beetlejuice.

I always heard he was a great guy and am sad to have found out he passed away.

The good news is he lived out a dream and will be remembered fobdly by many.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
His current address (Atkinson, NH) is less then ten miles from where I live now. I might have very well bicycled past his house. When you think of New England bands, probably Aerosmith comes to mind first but if I was stranded on a desert island the first Boston album would be my first New England one. I have had friends who have seem his Beatlejuice band and they say it is an excellent impersonation of the Beatles as Brad has stated they were a major influence in his musical career. This is a big bummer to me and many of my friends as well.

TorchMan

Enlightened
I never knew he did the cover band approach for the Beatles. I'm a huge fan of the Beatles! Back in the early eighties, I saw a Beatles impersonation show, and it was pretty good. They did the Beatles look through the evolution of the band.

I bet Brad's Beetlejuice was excellent. Probably did a Houston date a time or two. I would have gone to that. Again, I regret not ever seeing Boston.

Last edited:

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
I still listen to Boston, brings back memories & reminds me I'm getting older as well!

Classic artist for sure - his music lives on! :rock:

R.I.P.

Sixpointone

Enlightened
Hi Roadie (from Post #7),

To clarify, I was not referring to your screen name, but rather the term Roadie as a person who travels with the Band, in the role of a Tech, to help set up equipment. They are most often referred to as Roadie's.

Hope that helps,
John

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
As I read the bizarre events of his suicide including the two charcoal grills in a closed bathroom as well as a backup plan if that didn't work and the many notes left, it only confirms the fact that there is a lot more I don't know about life then what I do. I know he had his reasons and convictions I'm just sad that he couldn't have talked to the right person to convince him otherwise.

BVH

Flashaholic
As a new Private Pilot, my first long cross-county flight was from L.A. to Billings Montana. After take off and out of the Van Nuys traffic area, my two buddies lit up the Boston album. This is about 30 years ago. I remember that moment in time as if it was today. One of thee very best happy feelings I have in my life. "More than a Feeling" is the song I remember most on that flight. Whenever I hear any song from that album, it brings a smile to my face and I think of that wonderful flight.

TorchMan

Enlightened
I've been swamped with work and other mundania, didn't know it was suicide. I'll have to find articles about that. So sad to hear about his death, even sadder now. R.I.P. again.