Source for KT2 IN STOCK ??

Majord

Newly Enlightened
I am looking for some possible sources for a KT2 BK Turbohead? I understand that Surefire will have them in stock sometime soon but I'm not sure if that will be in time for my intended purposes. Steven at Tactical Supply only has KT2 HA ... not the black.

Thanks

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good luck, I waited for about 4 weeks for one. I finally picked one up used on here a couple weeks ago. Last time I talked to Surefire, they said it would be 2-8 weeks before they got more :thumbsdow

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try OpticsHQ.com. I got a KT1 (samething) and for $3 they swapped out the N1 lamp for a MN16. I would suggest you get it in HAIII and get a matching HAIII tailcap from another dealer such as Lighhound.com. That way your light will be hard on both ends. The head and the tailcap will be what supports your improved light when you set it down so why not get HAIII?

Majord

Newly Enlightened
kelmo said:
Try OpticsHQ.com. I got a KT1 (samething) and for $3 they swapped out the N1 lamp for a MN16. I would suggest you get it in HAIII and get a matching HAIII tailcap from another dealer such as Lighhound.com. That way your light will be hard on both ends. The head and the tailcap will be what supports your improved light when you set it down so why not get HAIII?

Thanks for the info. I'll give them a try. You have a point on the HAIII. I wanted black to match my black 9P but maybe I should be choosing function over aesthetics. Something I need to consider....

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not a problem, thats what were here for. The HA turbohead and tailcap does not really look goofy at all with the black tube. Before you buy from OpticsHQ see GreenLEDs discount thread. I think my KT1 w/MN16 cost me around $85 when I got an OpticsHQ membership and used the CPF5 coupon. Lighthound sells the tailcaps for about $20. I also got a A19 extender and some MN60 LAs for a poormans M4. That sucker rocks!

Enjoy

Majord

Newly Enlightened
kelmo said:
Not a problem, thats what were here for. The HA turbohead and tailcap does not really look goofy at all with the black tube. Before you buy from OpticsHQ see GreenLEDs discount thread. I think my KT1 w/MN16 cost me around $85 when I got an OpticsHQ membership and used the CPF5 coupon. Lighthound sells the tailcaps for about $20. I also got a A19 extender and some MN60 LAs for a poormans M4. That sucker rocks!

Enjoy

That sounds like some great set ups. I'll be ordering the MN16 lamp along with it. My KT2 is only going to be for specific situational use. Run time won't be all that critical for my uses. What do you use for batteries? I'm currently using standard CR123s. Im not planning on switching at this time. Can I use them for this application KT2,A19,MN60 set up?

Majord

Newly Enlightened
I think I just answered my own question. I just read that the M4 uses 4 CR123s so I'm assuming that it's no problem in my 9P with the A19 extender.

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use primary SF123 cells. I also have a KL3. When the batteries start to sag in the incan configuration I switch over to the KL3 and get about an hours worth of regulated run time. You don't hear alot about the KL3 but its a great short to medium range (~75m) thrower. I think SF will issue these with Cree emmiters sometime soon. If so I would wait to get one of those. I got an FM24 beam diffuser to protect my KT lens. Be forewarned though, the FM24 makes your light top heavy so use a lanyard.

Your $75 dollar light is going to cost you about $500 when all is said an done. But you'll have a really cool system!