Anyone got Pics of a L0D CE carried w Keys?

Marcus Aurelius

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone have pictures of a L0D CE that has been carried around in a pocket for a while on a key ring with some keys? I'm curious to see how the black finish holds up. Mine should arrive tomorrow:popcorn:

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Black takes a beating too..my buddy's on a key ring placed on a carabiner out of his pocket is getting wear on all the edges

kurni

Enlightened
E1; but exact same finish as LOD CE. I won't do it with black Fenixes anymore.

I use a diffuser cap, so the head is protected.
E1_1.jpg

The tail is not so lucky.
E1_2.jpg

The aluminium is chipped; I doubt natural finish will survive either. It's just the 'natural' colour blends with the metal colour better.
E1_3.jpg

Body is also damaged.
E1_4.jpg

Marcus Aurelius

Newly Enlightened
Kurni,
Excellent pics. Thanks for posting them. And this is just from carrying it in your pocket?
So is this the fate of any EDC light on a key ring or could it be mitigated with a better HAIII

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Kuni, that's one hard working light. Thanks for sharing, I like to see more 'working lights' than 'Shelf King/Queens'.......

kurni

Enlightened
Marcus Aurelius said:
Kurni,
Excellent pics. Thanks for posting them. And this is just from carrying it in your pocket?
So is this the fate of any EDC light on a key ring or could it be mitigated with a better HAIII

I just carry it with my keys in my pocket; I can't recall dropping it anywhere. Personally I prefer bare metal; perhaps stainless steel because it's stronger.

Wyeast

Enlightened
Any EDC will show battle scars from dependable service. Wear them with pride. :D

Vickers

Enlightened
jumpstat said:
Hey Kuni, that's one hard working light. Thanks for sharing, I like to see more 'working lights' than 'Shelf King/Queens'.......

I totally agree. That light doesn't look messed up, it looks useful.

tibim

Newly Enlightened
They need to come out with an un-anodized version, specifically for key chain carry.
Black shows EDC use after awhile, my ARC AAA(HAIII) in black was the same way... Natural is somewhat better because it "blends" better.

-tibim

cdosrun

Enlightened
I think it has been said before that the trouble with the Fenices is the softer aluminium they use, not their HA. I have the E0 and E1 in natural and have carried them on my keyrign with keys for months. Up close you can see the wear, but from a small distance, they still look perfect because, as mentioned above, there is less contrast between the bare aluminium and natural HA than the black HA.

I'm still waiting for an L0D-CE in natural.

Andrew

rolling

Enlightened
Thats why I carry my L0D-CE with the clip in my back pocket next to my wallet. Very easy access but you must be carefull when you get your wallet out.

crocodilo

Enlightened
My L0Pse and E0 are about in the same condition, also from keychain carry. Finish may be marked, but function is still intact, and any mechanical failure is years away. So, these character marks do not bother me at all.

On the other hand, my Arc-P has been through the same treatment, perhaps for longer, and is still pretty much intact...

PhotonBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, Canada http://tinyu
I've given away my L0P and L1P (both in black) to friends (they're obsolete :laughing:) and I now carry a P1D CE (it rocks!!). I now feel that the black finish is far less durable than the natural finish. I think Fenix adds a black compound which significantly impairs its durabilty. If you can, choose natural where available.