Rexlight 2.0 now $50 at kaidomain

aml

Newly Enlightened
im kinda glad that i jumped and ordered two right away at the 30 dollar price.

if you search ebay however, there is a seller "manikfox" (who i think is kai) selling it for 34.99 plus 9 bucks shipping.

Last edited:

greenstuffs

Banned
Guess people will look elsewhere :rolleyes:. $50 u can get pretty much any import light for couple bucks more. But one thing i like is that its the easiest UI light.

aml said:

if you search ebay however, there is a seller "manikfox" (who i think is kai) selling it for 34.99 plus 9 bucks shipping.

batvette

Newly Enlightened
I'm not sorry I missed it at this point, in a few weeks when the reviews come in I may be. I was holding back until SOME one, even the seller/distributer, tested one and published some figures on output and run time.
So here we are with "the greatest light ever" that has no performance testing whatsoever.
In all due candor I have no reason to cast aspersion upon these people or their product, (nor should this criticism be mistaken as such) I just think I'd be feeling pretty silly opening my wallet for all my purchases based on a preproduction prototype that they (honestly, again) distanced themselves from for any performance comparison.
If the UI was the sole thing maybe I can see what sold it for you, that is something that needs no beamshot . If it goes on and off high and lo for me I'm happy.

aml

Newly Enlightened
well, i figure at 30 bucks a pop shipped, i should at least be able to get most of my money back in the b/s/t forum if i dont like it, especially since they are now 50.

i think kai might have a wake up call at that price point however. I would have never bought it for 50 a piece.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well hopefully we'll be receiving our Rexlights in 2 weeks or so... then determine if it is worth the $50 price tag or not.
:popcorn:
I'm betting that Kai comes thru with a gem of a light and that after CPF scrutiny and many batteries drained, it will be worthy of the $50 price tag. If not, at least I got mine for only $30.

glire

Enlightened
PhantomPhoton said:
Well hopefully we'll be receiving our Rexlights in 2 weeks or so... then determine if it is worth the $50 price tag or not.
:popcorn:
I'm betting that Kai comes thru with a gem of a light and that after CPF scrutiny and many batteries drained, it will be worthy of the $50 price tag. If not, at least I got mine for only $30.
That means no one will purchase this light until the first batch obtained for $30 will be reviewed.

In any case I will not purchase it. I'm feeling swindled by this brutal price change. I though the $30 value was valid until end of march so I was waiting.
Too late now, no regrets.

Last edited:

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
glire said:
That means no one will purchase this light until the first batch obtained for $30 will be reviewed.

Yep, that would be my guess, not alot for awahile.

I am also shocked that the price went up to $50 so quickly. Perhaps someone bought up a large quantity of the first batch and we'll see them appear for $40 somewhere in about 2 weeks. Perhaps it was intended for 2 days only.

adnj

Enlightened
That's the old price. The new Ebay price is $64 shipped.
aml said:

roverjohn

Newly Enlightened
LGCubana said:
http://www.kaidomain.com/WEBUI/ProductDetail.aspx?TranID=1359

** The Rexlight introductary kits are sold out. All Rexlight, starting this point, will be distributed sololy by Rexlight distributors in your region, for faster and better service. We thank you for your support in Rexlight **

Apparently KaiDomain won't be selling them (directly) anymore. So they are listing the $50 MSRP.

So he'll still be selling them for $30, just not to us. It has to suck dealing with a bunch of single sales once you start doing real buisness so success will prevent any of this sort of thing in the future. We just need to find a new Kai and put him into competition with him. I hear they have some cool tulips for sale somewhere that may be out of stock soon so I'm going to start looking around so I can get in on the action.

Vikas Sontakke

Enlightened
Notice that Kai no longer has the light to sell.

Product availability : NO Our Price : $50

I had already predicted that this was going to happen. Even then I still only ordered 1 @ 30

Wait until Kyle gets his hand on this light. You will eventually be able to order this light at a price closer to 30 than to 50.

- Vikas

2xTrinity

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am also shocked that the price went up to $50 so quickly. Perhaps someone bought up a large quantity of the first batch and we'll see them appear for $40 somewhere in about 2 weeks. Perhaps it was intended for 2 days only.
Initially I believe he only said he would sell the first ~1500 for $30. I have a couple on the way, I hope they turn out to be good. It is possible though that someone else bought them with the intention to resell them. Kai may even be the source of the eBay seller referred to in this thread, I don't know.

abvidledUK

Flashlight Enthusiast
1,500 sold @ $30, maybe.

Perhaps I'm cynical, but if I saw all my stock disappearing, I'd raise prices early.

Charge what the market can stand.

Only Kai knows how many have sold @ $30.

mchlwise

Enlightened
It shouldn't come as a surprise that the price went up. :shrug: It was stated LOOOONG ago that Kai would be selling a limited number for $30, to introduce the light, and that it would sell for $50.

Personally, I'm not sorry that I jumped in and bought two. It did take some consideration, though. As has been stated, we don't have any real specs on this light. We've got some pictures and promises, and that's about it. I knew I would buy one to check it out and be somewhat of an early-adopter-guinea-pig. What made me push the "2" button was when I thought:

"If it's a really nice light, and my flashaholic wife wants one too, I'm gonna have to pay $50 for it. If I get it now at $30, and she doesn't want it, when they're selling for $50, I can easily get $35-$40 on B/S/T."

I really love my Fenix L1DCE, but this was the closest competition, and has the most potential to rival it.

Hope it lives up to expectations.

:candle:

roverjohn

Newly Enlightened
I only hope we'll still be able to get the other tubes later without paying more than $30 for them.
John

XtreMe_G

Newly Enlightened
1500 lights sold out within 2 days......wow. actually whats more wow is.....no one has ever seen the light. if it turns out to be some junk light, a lot of ppl are gonna be unhappy