Ginseng Makes the Surefire Catalog!

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
For those of you who remember Ginseng, (and he still shows up around here occasionally!) the very first user story in the new catalog is about his L4 and it's trip through the Snow Blower.

You can find the story on page 13 of the catalog and the PDF file at Surefires site.

Bill

Last edited:

CLHC

Flashaholic
Yes indeed! I read that in the catalog and thought to myself that this experience sounded familiar. Anyone else here?

Enjoy!

NAW

Enlightened
I wonder how many of those stories are from CPF members.... I know of a couple of members who got there stories on SF 's website.

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow. That's amazing. :p

BTW, that flashlight now belongs to the son of another infamous CPF member, PaulW. Paul was a great colleague and a meticulous experimenter and when he said he wanted a very special light for his son and that the "snowblower" L4 would be perfect, how could I decline. Last I knew, his boy was using it and appreciating it as much as I did. *sniff*

Wilkey

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ginseng said:
Wow. That's amazing. :p

BTW, that flashlight now belongs to the son of another infamous CPF member, PaulW. Paul was a great colleague and a meticulous experimenter and when he said he wanted a very special light for his son and that the "snowblower" L4 would be perfect, how could I decline. Last I knew, his boy was using it and appreciating it as much as I did. *sniff*

Wilkey

Wilkey, how are ya, man? What have you been up to these days? We miss you around here.

schrenz

Enlightened
The snow-blower story is the best among all these user stories :laughing:

Greets
Jens

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
David,

Been busy with grad school. Working my way through a Ph.D. in education. On the family side, my wife is due to give birth any day now with our second daughter. Life just rolls on and on, I guess. I see the hotwires are still rocking it. A few guys seem to be doing some really nice work.

I was thinking about hoofing it down to the PF8 but timing just isn't right with the way this spring is going.

Glad to see some of the old crew still plugging away.

Wilkey

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wilkey, that sounds like life is moving along nicely for you; glad to hear it.

Yeah, some of us are still lurking about around here. Don't be a stranger, keep in touch with us. Perhaps we could get you infected with HIDs or the new super-leds like CREE or SSCs or something...

lukus

Enlightened
Kind of embarassing, but I made the last page. "Explorer of ruins". I really didn't want to submit the story because it sounded too much like the beginning of a "Dear Penthouse" letter. A friend convinced me to write it up. Funny thing, a week in Cancun and I only saw two insects the whole time. That scorpion and a giant millipede at Xcaret, no flies...no mosquitoes....nothing. I probably came back with DDT poisoning, I just don't know it yet.