been gone a while

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
i've been gone a while, and i see some new lights. i see that i paid much too much for my jetbeam (at 78), but are there any small lights out yet that can best my mk2x on 14500 in terms of output?

IndecisiveFlashaholic

Newly Enlightened
That's how technology is. You turn your back for a second and something new is out. I hate buying a new "toy" just to find out the new model is out.

HiltiHome

Enlightened
The upcoming Rexlight 2.0 will be a serious competitor..

a least i hope so, cause i have two of them en route...

Heinz

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
When it comes to AA sized light, there havent been that many new, except for a bunch of cheap dealextreme and kaidomain light. I havent tried a jetbeam, or know how bright it is on 14500, but the only ones I can think of right now that might be brighter in a small size is the old P1D CE (or the new P2D), Amilite T5 and D-mini. But they are all CR123 and I think you were around when they were introduced. The rexlight has been talked about much, but preliminary reports suggested that it was less bright(80%) than the P1D CE.
Cheers and welcome back, Cheapo!:)

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks.. i'm also curious as to whether anyone has measured the output of the jetbeam on 14500s. and i hope the rexlight falls short of the jetbeam in terms of output, otherwise i'll feel like i wasted 50 bucks.

on another note, i'm looking for a cree 18650 light. anything new in that department?

Last edited:

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guess you allready checked out Lumapower M1 and Huntlight FT01 when it comes to 18650lights, probably the best choices still.

The Ultrafire C2 mentioned also looks really nice (ultrafire has improved the quality lately), but it's singlemode. Personally, I would rather go for the U2-clone.

This is only rumours, and EXTREMELY vague rumours at that(check out the Fenix P3D thread in the dealer section), but Fenix MIGHT release a 2-6Volt light, which I would venture a guess, would take 18650s.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
18650-wise you might look at the Electrolumens DeCree. I really wish more manufacturers would start making qualiity 18650 lights.
No idea on the Jetbeam off the top of my head.