ROCK RIVER single 123 cell SSC P4 MOD

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I want to know if anyone has modded a Rock River single 123 cell light with the optic with a SSC P4? This light is great but needs to be brighter. I don't care if I lose the optic and use a reflector in its place. Does anyone know what Ma the Rock River LED (Nichia LED I think) runs at? Would it be a direct swap? What lens was used? Has anyone modded this light in any way? This is the same light green anodized light with the lens that is sold at Target but in the 123 cell form. I have only seen the 2 AA/ 1 AA/ 2 C cell versions available there. I bought mine off Ebay.

HELP.....

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Man, I think I completely missed the single 123 cell River Rock light. I thought I had bought one of each, but I swear I never saw a 1x123 light.

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got it on ebay for about $30.00. My favorite of the RR lights, next is the 2 C cell version. I have one of each...
Great light just need higher output!

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any chance you could post a pic of it? I've never seen one and couldn't find any on current or completed ebay auctions.

How long ago did you get it? If you can't post a pic, does it look more like the 2xAAA lights or more like the 2xAA and 2xC lights with the greenish body?

StefanFS

Flashlight Enthusiast
The various River Rock/Aurora lights with optics are great with Cree leds. Not as great with SSC. I guess the optic works really well with Cree since the Cree does project the output forward. I have the two 2AA variant of this which I have modded with one Cree X RE P4 star. You get about 5000 Lux in throw, when focussed it will project the led die in detail as far as the Lumapower D-Mini, over 100 metres. Just like Newbie showed in his optics exhibition a while back. Keep in mind it will be all throw.
Underexposed three levels. @ three metres.
aurora1.jpg

Stefan

Last edited: