D-Mini's for Sale:

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
I assume he's talking about how many D Minis it seems are being sold used on B/S/T. I've noticed this as well but just wrote it off as CPFers being VERY fickle. The D Mini is kinda impressive, but I feel it's at an ackward price point. Not cheap enough to compare to the Eastward lights, but just a hair under some really decent quality lights. I'd rather spend a few $$$ more for something like the Ami T5. Granted, it doesn't have as much throw, but just holding them in your hands, the Ami feels like a much higher quality light to me.

FlashCrazy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interpretation:

The D Mini is an awesome light! It has great throw for an LED light of any size, and is very impressive in the fact that it's small enough to throw in a jacket or shorts pocket. Why in the world would anyone want to sell theirs?!?

I think that's what he was asking. :grin2:

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think some are selling their D-Mini's is because the D-Mini is larger than the average CR123 size light for EDC'ing because of the size of the head and it's length.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a black D-Mini and I intend to keep it. :)

Having said that IMO the truth is that a pure thrower has not much use in real life, it is nice to play with it the first few days, show it to friends, etc. but you can't go around in the dark just with a thrower, you need a second light and maybe just maybe you start asking yourself why you should carry a "main" light and another one .......:whistle:

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think that the MRV, with it's 200+ lumens and 2 hour runtime on a 18650 may have something to do with the mass sell-off. Sure, the MRV is a bit longer than the D-mini, but it has way more lumens, throw and runtime.

I sold my D-mini because the runtime wasn't long enough for my evening walk. I need at least 45 minutes of runtime, at full brightness.

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know that recently JSBurley's put a bunch up for sale on eBay (I think he needed a quick cash influx) with no reserve apparently and an eBay user with the ID fnmag (which I assume is the same fnmag on CPF) won a bunch of them at around $30 to $34 each. I was going to bid on one but got distracted and missed it by about 2 minutes. So I think he's been selling a bunch here that I assume were from that eBay snag. Other than that I would only guess people might want a multi-function light in place of this or maybe the head on them is less than pocketable for some. I don't have one yet but will be buying one at some point as they sound like great units - especially with the swappable reflectors.

Cuso

Flashlight Enthusiast
Comon, you guys must be talking about Fnmag.He must have like docens of them stacked in his cave, why you think hes selling them out...and at decent prices too.:lolsign:

Patriot

Flashaholic
If the D-mini had a bezel-up pocket clip I'd buy one. Without that pocket clip, I'm not sure what to do with it. I won't fit comfortably down in my pocket and I don't like wearing a belt and pouch because of the climate here. I think it's going to be 105 today.

I will say that fnmag is really great to deal with. He goes out of his way to take care of you.

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lights I have loved: D-mini, 6p,9p,Sf M3, UK Lc100hid, SL UltraStinger, SurvivorLED...

All but the D-mini have been sold and I consider selling it all the time to help fund a MRV.

I think sometimes its funner to buy new lights than to have "old" ones.

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
One thing I'll say in favour of the D-mini - I find it fits very comfortably in the hand. I honestly prefer it's heft over my P1D-CE, which is somewhat awkward to carry around in use for an extended period (better for momentary use).

I honestly don't need such a "throwy" light for every day use, but I still wouldn't want to part with it.:kiss:

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
The D-mini has veen my favorite light in a long time. Not because of its practicality, but because it makes me smile every time I turn it on. It is best when a non flashlight person sees it. All that light and punch from such a little package. You just can't beat that. I am sure I will pick up a MRV, and it will be brighter...but it is from a larger light. Inch for inch, the D-mini is hard to beat.

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
When they first came out they were one of the only cree lights you could get. More lights have come along since then. People who find other lights more practical are willing to part with theirs instead of leaving them sit in the drawer.

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah I was just wondering why so many selling. I have ordered the 2 stage switches
for mine, I like it's size it reminds me of my 3P's.

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree with some posts above. The D-mini will no longer be the ultamate throw light as soon as people get their MRV's.