Jet I -AAA- Seoul SSC P 4

TCW 60

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

Emilion has announced the JET I AAA with Seoul SSC P 4 at $ 55.00 on his site.
No connection with the seller.

regulator

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just ordered one of these. I was waiting for the Cree/Soul version to be introduced for a while now. I really liked the look of the jetbeam AAA light since seeing it at the TAD gear site. It looks very nice and I like Jetbeams HA colors. But wanted one with a Cree or Soul.

The new version is a little different than the Luxion version. It has more knurling and has even smaller dimensions - very cool. I saw a picture of one next to an Arc and it looked to be about the same size.

I also think it is using the newer circuit since it is listed as having the memorize last mode feature. I hope it also has the higher PWM and better efficiency like the newer AA CL-E model.

This new one states it can safely run on a lithium too! We shall see. I will post some evaluations once it arrives (in 8-14 days! yikes!). I hope I get a good one.

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
The output/runtime specs on a single AAA look pretty bad. 30 lumens on high for 1 hour??? I expected it to be quite a bit brighter, or to have much longer runtime.
The light looks really nice so hopefully the performance will match.

Peter Atwood

Enlightened
Geez, I'd love to order two of them except the stupid shopping cart will not allow me to order. Keeps telling me my email address is invalid. Also when I try to email him from the form on the page it tells me my email is invalid. What's up with that?

x2x3x2

Banned
I'm assuming the JET-I (emilion's site) and JET-u (JETBeam's site) are the same thing.

I agree that it's effeciency is pretty bad compared to the Fenix L0P CE.
Furthermore the L0P CE is even cheaper, I'd probably get this if DX happens to offer a similar one as a much lower price... It does looks nicer than the Fenix though, reminds me of the good ol Arc :)

JETBeam JET-I/u
8 lumens 4 hrs
12 lumens 2 hrs
30 lumens 1 hrs

Fenix L0D CE
7.5 lumens 8.5 hrs
20 lumens 3.5 hrs
50 lumens 1hr

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm assuming the JET-I (emilion's site) and JET-u (JETBeam's site) are the same thing.

I agree that it's effeciency is pretty bad compared to the Fenix L0P CE.
Furthermore the L0P CE is even cheaper, I'd probably get this if DX happens to offer a similar one as a much lower price... It does looks nicer than the Fenix though, reminds me of the good ol Arc :)

JETBeam JET-I/u
8 lumens 4 hrs
12 lumens 2 hrs
30 lumens 1 hrs

Fenix L0D CE
7.5 lumens 8.5 hrs
20 lumens 3.5 hrs
50 lumens 1hr

yes, it does have the arc'ish (classy) look to it

but according to chevrofreak's chart:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/152223

the lod-ce did 17min on high with regualr duracell aaa so we will have to see the actual runtime of this jetbeam when someone gets their hands on one.

regulator

Flashlight Enthusiast
No way am I defending Jetbeam but if you look at the figures listed from Flashlightreviews for the measured data on the Fenix LOP-Ce, the data for the Jetbeam is really not that far off. And what complicates the matter is determining what type of battery is used for the Jetbeam runtimes (not the ones given on lithium). I wonder if Jetbeam is starting to post specifications that are closer to real world figures so that people dont get high expectations and are disappointed when they get the light but rather impressed. I do not put too much trust in manufacturers claims for lights that are geared more towards the mass markets (upscale lights are a different story).

Either way, I guess I will find out since I ordered one. I will definately post my evaluation. I think that the regulator circuits will make the deciding factor in the quality design of the lights since both companies probably have an equal opportunity in receiving variences in LED quality. The efficiency of the "total" package really comes to play when dealing with small power sources like an AAA light. I think Fenix did a great job with the E1 - I just would like either a Cee or SSC verions of that light.

davenlei

Newly Enlightened
Me likey! But I have Waaaayyy too many lights now. In 6 months I have bought 29 lights. Since I live in a city, I only really need 2-3 max.

I think I need to slow down since I just received my Sam's HID today from Christoph and my wife just gave me 'the look'.

Last edited:

regulator

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Daven,

I can relate - No way do I need this light and I have way too many right now. I actuallly have my eye one one more as well ( a Peak Pacific UP with Souel emmiter and pocket battery tube). Then I am done for awhile. This truely is an addiction! Oh well, there are some worse addictions.

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I didn't already order a Draco for keychain carry, I might get this... looks nice!

Have always loved Jetbeams, but just that they can be quite expensive and the recent UIs weren't to my liking.

How's the communications and ordering with Emil's place nowadays? Have always read a mix of hits and misses...

Last edited:

jki

Newly Enlightened
Both Jetbeam and Emillion never responded to my emails when I had a defective C-LE. What good is warranty with zero customer service? And when the rate of defective product on the C-LEs approached 40%, what did that say about this company's QC, or willingness to hoist substandard product into the market. Jetbeam can make good products when they want to, but I caution anyone to be wary of purchasing their products from overseas to save a few bucks. My suggestion is to buy from local dealers only (if available), and with which you can return defective product. Or better yet, don't bother with Jetbeam products. Too many people have been burned...

Oculus Sinister

Newly Enlightened
I ordered a C-LE 1.2 a month ago. Emilion answered my emails before and after the sale promptly and professionally. His order system could use work but again no problems with communication. YMMV.

BTW The C-LE 1.2 is quite good, I may pick this one up for my wife.

E

Emilion

Low light runtime is not counted in our runtime specification. And I think the Jet-u should be the smallest at its class.

For cs matters, we'll pass this to another department soon. I personally will focus on development. A representative will be here to handle all CS task, not me, not my wife, but a real representative for CPF. I'm sure this can solve problems much better.

jki, may I have your order number pls ? Pls send to my hotmail address, cos I don't think that we've ever get your message. We certainly will send a new light to you, just like handling other defective products. There must be some kind of mis-understanding between our communication.

Jet-u orders will ship no later than 14-JUNE-2007.

Thanks for the longterm supporting on JETBeam's products.

Last edited by a moderator: