airport folks opened my luggage with my M6...

wquiles

Flashaholic
I took my M6 with the HMD6 pack with me on my vacation trip, and the folks doing the screening on the checked baggage not only checked the M6, they unsrewed the tailcap, removed the HDM6 pack, and put it back together in my bag (I can tell based on how I package it). Luckily they barely put the cap back so it did not turn ON on its way here !!!

I am considering taking with me on my carry-on backpack on the way back - I don't think I can risk this again :ohgeez:

Have others travel with the M6 with cary-on luggage recently? My M6 is the one with the small "teeth" so it should not bee too bad, right?

Will

greenLED

Flashaholic
Pack the battery mag separately and/or leave the batts out. You definitely don't want an M6 turning itself on inside a piece of checked luggage.

Size15's

Flashaholic
I can't recall taking a flight without an M6 in my carry-on since I got my first M6 many years ago. I would never risk putting anything of value in checked luggage. If I need it and its high value and I can't carry it on I've sent it by DHL (etc) either in advance or at the airport. In the past work has paid for business equipment but I've once paid for DHL to ship some personal belongings to my hotel ahead of me.

Hodsta

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought my first M6 in DC Airport, post 9/11. It seemed strange to me at the time that I could not take on water or a box of matches but I could walk on with a flashlight with a crenulated stirke bezel purchased within the airport.

Illum

Flashaholic
I would empty the cells out of any flashlight thats not on me. should a :bumpit: by another luggage in the cargo hold should engage the switch.... just in case

I could walk on with a flashlight with a crenelated strike bezel purchased within the airport.

which airport is this>?:devil:

Flashlight Enthusiast
this question is somehting i have always wonder when involving the crenulated benzel. Since i havent been on a plane in years i would hate for the airline to loose the luggae or for security to take my light.

Scottiver

Enlightened
I always thought that the battery carrier of an M6 looked like a small nuclear device. If I were an airport screener I'd definitely look twice at it if I ever came upon one.

sid2

Newly Enlightened
What brand of light is that in Size15's sig, the purple anodized one?

roadie

Enlightened
say is it allow to carry the surefire with the owner in flight, instead of checking in with the luggage ?

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't recall taking a flight without an M6 in my carry-on since I got my first M6 many years ago. I would never risk putting anything of value in checked luggage. If I need it and its high value and I can't carry it on I've sent it by DHL (etc) either in advance or at the airport. In the past work has paid for business equipment but I've once paid for DHL to ship some personal belongings to my hotel ahead of me.
This is the best option....I have sent photo equipment this way overseas, too valueble to check it in luggage, too heavy for hand carry so...

Size15's

Flashaholic
That's a surefire A2 in purple, just for him
Well there were about ten purple A2's made and sold through a SureFire Dealer so 'not just for me' although I did managed to buy one for myself.

A SureFire just for me?
P27.jpg

RAF_Groundcrew

Enlightened
I took my M6 with the HMD6 pack with me on my vacation trip, and the folks doing the screening on the checked baggage not only checked the M6, they unsrewed the tailcap, removed the HDM6 pack, and put it back together in my bag (I can tell based on how I package it). Luckily they barely put the cap back so it did not turn ON on its way here !!!

I am considering taking with me on my carry-on backpack on the way back - I don't think I can risk this again :ohgeez:

Have others travel with the M6 with cary-on luggage recently? My M6 is the one with the small "teeth" so it should not bee too bad, right?

Will
I recently returned from a holiday in Turkey, and as part of my hand luggage, I had a small 'bug out bag' (Maxpedition Proteus), which contained, amongst other things,

SF M6,
Pelican LED Sabrelight,
2 x SF L1,
SF C2 with KL3 and SW02,
2 Krill lights,
at least 18 Lithium cells in spares Carriers and some C cells for the Pelican, and a load of AA cells.

At the airport, there were 2 security checks, and at each X-Ray, the contents of my hand luggage 'required' closer inspection. As I dug out and switched on numerous lights, explaining each one as I produced it, the security guard said nothing, until the end, when he asked me what my job was, to which I replied "aircraft engineer", which is true. I don't know what response a slip of the tongue and the words "international terrorist" would have produced. The security guard seemded to handle the M6 for an unneccessarily long time, could have been curiosity, or professional jealousy.

As the bag was X-rayed, they either couldn't believe what they were seeing, or couldn't believe anyone would travel with so many lights, or were just plain worried about the number of battery operated devices in my luggage.......

I didn't actually use my M6 while I was away, it was just in the bag, and I couldn't be bothered to remove it before I went.

Size15's

Flashaholic
The security guard seemded to handle the M6 for an unneccessarily long time, could have been curiosity, or professional jealousy.

As the bag was X-rayed, they either couldn't believe what they were seeing, or couldn't believe anyone would travel with so many lights, or were just plain worried about the number of battery operated devices in my luggage.......
So you know what its like when I fly then!

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
has that gold 'custom' light made an appearance here before? It looks new.

How many other custom colored surefire lights do you have?