Does Cabela's Beat Surefire to the A2 punch?

protodoc

Newly Enlightened
Does Cabela\'s Beat Surefire to the A2 punch?

Sorry if this is old news but I just saw a incandescent / triple LED at the Cabela's site:

Edited Try This Link

Hope that link is working.
They are sparse on the details but it looks interesting. Anyone seen this light in person?

protodoc

Newly Enlightened
Re: Does Cabela\'s Beat Surefire to the A2 punch?

Old news then.
Sorry

Josh

Flashlight Enthusiast

No need to be sorry /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif We have alot of unregistered users that might no know about it.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic

wow, i'd just like to say it's a long link and it works!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

Safari

Newly Enlightened

Hi, after reading the first post, in a a compusive knee-jerk reaction I ordered the Cabela's flashlifht online. When I returned to the fourm I see all this bad news. Now will you please tell me the your review of this light?

flashlightlens

Newly Enlightened

I can't offer much of a review. I can say that I really like the one I own - It's really well made. The hot spot is tighter, whiter, and brighter than my Legend LX. Hot spot brightness and shape are almost identical to my G2 - the Nuwai looks whiter though.

Check here for a good review:
http://thelightsite.cruxial.com/reviews/xenergy_3in1.htm

Safari

Newly Enlightened

Thanks for your opinion! Is yours a
single 123 battery or a double 123 lithium?

NightStorm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Additional Links

Has anybody bothered to post this link? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Nuwai

The flashlight that appears in the photo at Cabela's looks quite similar to the Nuwai AL-103. I might get one of these and see if I could pull McGizmo's Kroll clickie conversion on it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif See details here:

Xenergy with Kroll Clickie mod

Dan

bigcozy

Enlightened
Re: Additional Links

How in the #$%#%#&!!! have I missed this light? I just picked up my Cabela'a catalog and it is in there. After reading thelightsite's review I ordered a couple of them.

freewheelin'

Enlightened

Thanks for the heads up, I just got the larger rechargable version and I really like it. Haven't seen this small one before, hope someone compares it to an E1E soon.

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast

I've been reading various posts on the Nuwai lights, including this thread for a while. I finally decided to get the private labeled 2 CR123 version today from the site Quickbeam listed for $39.95 @. It was interesting to note that this light was auctioned by GoldenPX (sp?) on EBAY yesterday, but the auction closed below the reserve price at something > $41.xx.

The limited capacity of the larger Ni-Cad fractional Sub-C pack combined with the impressive run times and Legend LX proportions of the CR123 version motivated me to go this way.

I can't see where the A2 will be worth 2.5 or more times this price.

brightnorm

Flashaholic

I've enjoyed using my Nuwai 2x123, but I find it too big and heavy for EDC. It would be an excellent hiking light but my night vision is very poor and I really need ARC LS or KL1 brightness for general illumination. I have some of our modders wonderful creations but I prefer a longer runtime than they usually deliver.

If the A2 gave me a choice between its bright Xenon and a KL1 equivalent It would be ideal, but even that would be trading incandescent time for LED time and vice versa.

I'll probably change my LED EDC from the LS1 to the UBH/KL1 because of its 6+ hours of steady, bright illumination in a lightweight compact form. I'm looking forward to the A2 which I'll use almost exclusively as a bright incandescent with 45-50 minutes of steady light at 60+ lumens, something never available before in a nonrechargeable (AFAIK)

I suspect many Flashaholics will see this as a waste of the A2's potential, but it's what I think (hope) will work for me. We'll see.

Brightnorm

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast

"I've enjoyed using my Nuwai 2x123, but I find it too big and heavy for EDC"

Yes, it's my one major pet peeve as well. I think they could have easily made it smaller and lighter. It's way over engineered with too much metal and too much width at the bezel end...

But, I really like the light - excellent utility.

Brock

Flashaholic

Since the A2 has a regulated output I don't see them in the same class. I think we are going to see a bunch of light with a smaller lamp or led and a bright main lamp (which Surefire holds the patent on). I don't know how long it will be before Surefire does something about this or if they are going to let it slide?

In any case the regulation on the A2 makes all the difference to me. Maybe I should change my handle to "regulated Brock" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast

Brock is correct about lights that are like the A2, in concept design; that is, a single incandescant surrounded by multiple leds

Here is the brochure from Streamlight for their new Task Lights

16809025-b93a-018C0200-.jpg

Daniel Ramsey

Retired Account

I noticed the SL Luxeon at the bottom uses 3-AA batteries, no regulation? Not very efficient IMHO /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

Knife11

Newly Enlightened

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif got any specs on those streamlights??? Like how bright and do they make a rechargeable? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif