Handgun Weaponlight from Scraps- E-series head compatible!

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
So....after reading about so many people liking the Streamlight TLR-1 and TLR-2 handgun weaponlights, I decided to order one over the weekend.

But, I am sometimes impatiant and want a handgun weaponlight that I can swap heads out with. From what I've read about the Surefire X200 series is that it is next to impossible to do any head swaps.

I'm looking at the custom body that 1WRX7 and myself designed and had made and decide that I would chop it up and use it for parts to construct my own handgun weaponlight.
I found all the scrap metal (aluminum) that I would need and started measuing, cutting, fitting, and welding....

The main body components are now in the final stages and I just need to get to a mill to do the rest of the work fitting the switch and battery terminals.

Anyway.......heres some pics of what I have done today.

SF031.jpg

Scrap aluminum
SF002.jpg

Tubes fit 123 cells....welded together and in need of filler....
SF005.jpg

The ugly stages....filling with aluminum to make the body....
SF009.jpg

Body sanded down to low spot....more filler......and batteries inside
SF013.jpg

The custom bodie 1WRX7 and myself designed and made....about to get the Axe and be turned into another light.....at least it went to a good use!
SF018.jpg

Low spots filled....and head adaptor tacked into place.
SF022.jpg

The three main body components.
SF024.jpg

Adaptor neck a bit more finished...
SF034.jpg

The rough final product of a days work :>.....still needs finish sanding and fitting.....maybe anodizing
SF026.jpg

Now onto the rail mount to make it work on the gun....
SF032.jpg

I REALLY NEED A MILL AND LATHE!!!.......

Last edited:

Kentuckian

Newly Enlightened
That's kinda cool. :) Awsome taste in handguns there too brother! :thumbsup: XD's rock!!

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
The XD is Great!

Got it up and running.....now I gotta make it look good and figure out the rail mounting system......
I will have about 3 different tailcap options when completed, but I couldn't let the tail end of the custom flashlight go to waist, so I made it into a weaponlight tailcap!

SF036.jpg

SF035-1.jpg

SF039.jpg

1wrx7

Enlightened
Nice to see one of our bodies getting some custom love. I can help with the mill work if you can't get to one. I'll call you tonight. Check your PM. Nice to see one of us got something accomplished last night.

Keith

nein166

Flashlight Enthusiast
That looks great! You could make a laser and light head if you run a KL1 next to a laser. The front is screwed on right?

KnOeFz

Enlightened
I can see this body working as a bike light as well, even combined with a turbohead.
Awesome pictures of the proces!

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nein166.....Yes, the front screws on so that I can access the electrical connections between the head and body.

KnOeFz......Yes, it will be used as a bike light as well. I already have a 1913 style rail mounted on my handlebars for my surefire weaponlight I use for night riding.
I will take some pics with an L5 head, KT1 turbohead, and PR-T head....