Question for Tigerlightpro...

Illuminated

Enlightened
Will running the Tiger Light continuously vs intermittently cause the lamp life to be seriously reduced from the >200 hour average mentioned previously?

I know there are many who might laugh at this, but I'm seriously considering using it as a bike light since it blows all my others away, and the 1-hour run time will get me home safely after the sun goes down on those long evening rides.

The TL easily out-throws my 15-watt narrow beam lights for fast road riding, and yet produces as much if not more side spill in the near field.

I know that the Tiger Light was not designed with this application in mind, but I think it would serve nicely here.

It's a fantastic product - even for those not in Law Enforcement.

Thanks in advance - John

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
sounds like a good idea.

have you considered having a plate made that can have 3 tigerlight la's screwed onto it and possibly see if tigerlight will sell you some heads (either first rate or defect) and run them off one body in series... now <font color="blue"> that </font> would be cool /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

although you would get less of a run-time.

if you have some $$$ to spend, you could have the ultimate bike light{s}

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would rather get 3 Tigerlight LA and wire em up to some lithium battery in a bottle size package that you can fit on your bike easily. Sure would make people look. Anyone remember the picture of the M4 Devastator on a bike that was submited to the contest Surefire M6 (member of CPF held some time back? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
In general a bulb should have a longer life if left on, the heating and cooling of the bulb is very hard on them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

brightnorm

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Will running the Tiger Light continuously vs intermittently cause the lamp life to be seriously reduced from the >200 hour average mentioned previously?.....

[/ QUOTE ]

John,

If you plan to do longer night rides you might want to consider HID bike lights. They are remarkably brilliant and will burn for several hours.

Unfortunately they are rather expensive.

Brightnorm

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Illuminated,

I have to agree with JT. The thing that kills bulbs is turning them on and off.

What a great use for the TigerLight. You could also have a quick release. If that big bad dog starts chasing you, hit him with the pepper spray...

Tom

Illuminated

Enlightened
JT and Tom,

I know that's normally the case, but I had to wonder if my thinking was flawed since having problems while run time testing a 4AA regulated incandescent mod. I've blown three lamps that were only very slightly over-driven by the PWM regulator, and it even has a soft start feature to reduce filament stress on startup.

I've been turning on the light and standing it up on the butt end, and I thought that perhaps the heat buildup or something was causing the lamp failures.

Then realizing that the TL was not necessarily designed for full continuous use, I had to ask the question of TigerlightPro regarding the continuous use issue.

BN,

Yes, the HID would be very nice if I could justify the investment, but again I was thinking of something self-contained on a quick release mount that would safely get me home on that last hour of my evening rides. The TL with one of Chris's textured LA's looks like it would do very nicely here, especially on that +40 MPH decent near my home. There are many deer and other critters crossing the roads, and I just can't get them to wear reflectors...

Thanks for the input - John