Best one cell LED light

Stream

Enlightened
What is the best one cell (CR123) light on the market right now in your opinion. I have been looking at the Fenix P2D-CE and from what I've read at flashlightreviews.com and here on the forums it seems like a lot of bang for the buck, at only around $50. I saw another thread that described a flash from high to low when switching on in low mode (or was it medium?), I don't think this will bother me much. Aside from this, are there any other issues or better lights out there? Any input and advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance :)

ddgarcia05

Newly Enlightened
I got my P2D-CE in the mail not more then 1 hour ago. The "High" flash occurs when you'er powering it on to Low mode and/or when you swtich from SOS to Low. It's really nothing to worry about. I also got a P3D-CE 80L Rebel and it's awesome. But like you asked I think the P2D-CE is a great single cell light.

If you looking to buy the P2D-CE I'd suggest you buy from Fenix-Store.com and remember you get a 8% discount using the code "CPF8". Which then comes out to less then $52.

senna94

Flashlight Enthusiast
It really depends on how you define the "best". In my opinion the best single 123 cell light is the HDS EDC series. Rock solid reliability and features in an amazing light that will use either primary 123 or RCR123 cells with no problems. It is fully regulated and has a thermal sensor to protect the LED,you and will also protect your rechargeable cells from being overdischarged. Of course they are no longer available, however, the soon to arrive (this coming week) Novatac promises to be just as good. If you are not looking to spend that much, I am sure you can find some great deals on a used HDS EDC since a lot of people who carry these myself included will be looking to sell them if the Novatac lives up to its promise. Well, since I have 2 HDS I may part with 1 of them, but not both!!! Another great and very affordable option is the Lumacraft LM303 available at www.batteryjunction.com for 35.00. In my opinion much better build quality than the Fenix,an excellent orange peel reflector for a smooth beam and great runtimes.

:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
You'll get a lot of opinions when you ask for the "best". It really depends on your budget and your needs but Fenix is a good bet in terms of bang for the buck. Check out the new Novatacs ($110 to $150) and Cree Surfires ($100+) as well if money is not a big factor.

aceo07

Enlightened
As Oddjob stated, it depends on what your requirements are. Brightest? Best beam? Smallest? Best value?

I love my HDS EDC U60 and I'm waiting for their next product.

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
best one-cell light is a nice, sleek one without all those gimmicky edges, pointed bezels and such
and that runs on an 18650!

Just a minor bit bigger, but three times the runtime
(2200 mA vs. 750)

tomL

Newly Enlightened
I'd like to hear your opinions on this topic, but brought down a notch or two...like in affordable to the common flashaholic. Maybe even made in China.

I found one that I'd like to hear your opinions about. Has anyone seen one in the flesh yet?

It's on the DX website for $36.80. Called the

Stylish Fighter Cree Q2 Copper Flashlight (CR123A)

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.5438

I tried asking this same question yesterday, but my post was closed by a moderator for some unknown reason.

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tom,

Why not look at the LumaPower LM303? Basically the same price but warranty/support, etc - and you cna find numerous user reviews here already.

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
What is the best one cell (CR123) light on the market right now in your opinion. ...
If you want the best 1xCR123 light you can order right now and have in your grubby hands by the end of the week then hands down its the Novatac 120P. If you act fast you could order one from Lighthound before he sells out this batch.