Just ordered an Arc AAA UV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FNG

Enlightened
Ordered it from VIACOMPTEL INC. for $33.60 shipped. Ill let you guys know how it goes. It should be here on Saturday or Monday.

Tomas

Banned
That's where I got mine, FNG, glad I have it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hope you enjoy yours!

tomsig03.gif

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just received mine today... I'm NOT disappointed with it. I think I need to get a couple of these in a white LED for my keychains!!

FNG

Enlightened
Wow, that was pretty fast 1526. I ordered mine yesterday and it should be here on tomorrow then. Cant wait. I also ordered a G2Z from County Comm the same day. Cant wait for that either.

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast
My CountyCOMM order was shipped via UPS Ground, it's not scheduled to be delivered 'til 3/5 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif. I ordered a couple CMG ULTRA-G's.

FNG

Enlightened
Did they give a reason why it wont be delivered until 3/5? This is my email from Frank. Maybe I shouldve ordered from TTS for a few bucks more?

We have G2Zs left over from a contract.
They did not buy holders or p61 lamps, so
I did not get any. I would expect
shipping to be about 5-6 days via UPS.
Thanks, frank

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast
I placed my order with CountyCOMM on Tuesday evening, they shipped via UPS on Wednesday (I like these guys!) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif, but since it's going from CA to NJ and there's a weekend in there, UPS tracking says next Wednesday:

TRACKING

It's just a case of ground delivery from UPS sorta sucks. I'm not a fan of UPS. I DO, however, like FedEx Ground. I won't go on a rant about it now, but my experience with shipping has been a long, interesting journey.

FNG

Enlightened
Well, I live in Kansas City, right in the middle. Its been a full day since Ive ordered it and they havent emailed me about a tracking number or anything.

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast
The tracking number is an automatic notification from UPS. They usually go out within 24-36 hours after the item has first been scanned.

FNG

Enlightened
After you Pay Pal'ed them, did the send an email acknowledging your purchase?

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast
There was a PayPal receipt, but they shipped it so quick, there was no acknowledgement necessary. I sorta wish it had gone USPS Priority Mail. It would have been the same cost, but I would have it in 2-3 days. No biggie.

I had a chance to try out the UV last night. It's really quite powerful in the dark, and it is bright enough to see the color of the strip in U$ bills and the info on CC's and State documentation.

FNG

Enlightened
2 days and still no email about whats going on. I trust them though. When you say its bright enough, do you mean it barely lights up or does it light up easily? How far away do you have to hold the light? Do the strips glow under UV light? Im so anxious of getting mine.

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]

2 days and still no email about whats going on. I trust them though.

[/ QUOTE ]

As for CountyCOMM, I wouldn't worry either. You can always send an e-mail and just ask them if it's shipped already. I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt.

[ QUOTE ]

When you say its bright enough, do you mean it barely lights up or does it light up easily?

[/ QUOTE ]

In regard to the Arc AAA UV: It's completely dependent on the ambient light.

[ QUOTE ]

How far away do you have to hold the light?

[/ QUOTE ]

In my office (VERY brightly lit), for money it needs to be about 2". The same applies for credit cards. A hi-liter stands out from about 4" or so. BUT this is all lit by a lot of fluorescent lighting, so much so, that it partially washes out your computer monitor.

[ QUOTE ]

Do the strips glow under UV light?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's really true, they do! I thought it was pretty cool. The strips in the 5,10,20, and 100 are all distinguishable in normal ambient light, although the 5 and 20 are kind of close because they are blue and green so the colors may look similar unless held right next to each other. I didn't try it outside, and I didn't have a 50 to try.

[ QUOTE ]

Im so anxious of getting mine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Patience, Grasshopper... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

FNG

Enlightened
Can all UV owners chime in? Mine is some rings and not centered. IThis is my first UV light and it seems kind of dark.

Tomas

Banned
Mine doesn't have any "rings" just a clearly defined image of the UV LED die. The image is a bit off-centered, typical of most non-white LED's. The intensity is quite good, especially for a light powered from a single AAA cell ...

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll try to get a beam shot with my digital. I will have to use my tripod and set it to macro or something unless the UV helps my Nikon focus properly. I may not get back to this 'til tomorrow though.

FNG

Enlightened
Can you set it next to the White? Mine seems really really dark. It barely lights anything up farther than 3-4 feet.

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's the beam shot I got last night.

ArcAAA_UV.jpg

If you save the image to your drive, you may be able to see the particulars about the ƒ-stop and shutter, etc... This is from about 18" or so and the spot on the wall is about 8" in diameter

Most of the UV spectrum isn't too visible to the eye. Have you tried it in the dark, or in a room that is almost dark? It's much more powerful than it appears in moderate ambient light and anything with a fluorescence sticks out like a sore thumb. I can try tonight to get a comparison to a couple other LED's. This time I will actually get the tripod out so I can do a proper timed exposure.

Tomas

Banned
[ QUOTE ]
FNG said:
Can you set it next to the White? Mine seems really really dark. It barely lights anything up farther than 3-4 feet.

[/ QUOTE ]

The output of any decent "UV" light should appear really dark and to barely light up anything. UV is invisible to the human eye.

With a good UV source, all one should see is the flourescence of those objects that respond to UV light. The visible "blue" light that one sees in association with the use of a UV source is just slop over into the visible spectrum, and has nothing to do with UV.

The ideal UV source would put out a beam no more visible than radio waves.

tomsig03.gif

-= MICROSOFT FREE ZONE =-

Status
Not open for further replies.