Surefire L4 vs Ultrafire C2 HA-III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russianesq

Enlightened
The Surefire L4 is known as the flood light or wall of light among fellow C.P.F. members.

I just got my Ultrafire C2 HA-III from DX and it kicks the L4's butt for flood.

Does anyone else have similar results?

L4C2-01.jpg

L4C2-03.jpg

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a C2 on the way, might try and put a Q5 in it. Do you have any beam shots? :)

shadowbuds

Newly Enlightened
The L4 can be EDC, the C2 looks like it will explode your pocket. Is this a go to light or a EDC?

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
No way are they close in size for edc'ing. C2 is about size of my KL5 on a 17500 cell body. Also Kl4 head can be put on a one cell body with RCR123 for smaller size. I have tried that combo with my KL5, but much, much larger configuration. Let me rephrase that, the C2 looks like my KL6 head with a one cell body.

Bill

Russianesq

Enlightened

How would u EDC an L4?

If you put the L4 in a jacket pocket then the C2 can easily fit.

Of course the head of the C2 is a little bit larger but how does that change how one would EDC the light? Just because a light has a biger reflector how does that change the real life ability to EDC?

I am not comparing the L4 vs C2 vs NovaTac. In this scenerio the NovaTac is much smaller then the L4 or the C2.

The question originaly posted in this thread was the flood ability of the L4 vs C2.

Dan0s

Newly Enlightened
I EDC my L4 and it fits in my pocket easily! The C2's tailcap looks bigger than the L4's head, and that gets me onto the C2's head, it looks huge! Way to big for pocket carry if you dont want it to get in the way.

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
You "think" they are pretty close?
Have a look at your image. I "think" the head on the C2 is "about" 2X the size of the kl4.
In any case I rarely carry a 2 cell light as my first line EDC. I do have a KL4 based light and a 27LT in the light pouch.
If I were going to EDC the KL4 I would do it with one of my KL4's which runs well on a single cell (rcr123 LION). The kl4 does an amazing job for it's size in this configuration.
These twins do the job extreemely well:
twins.jpg

There is NO Way i could stick that C2 into my Jeans front pocket. NONe Too BiG

Yaesumofo

I think that as far as size they are pretty close.

If u can EDC a L4 then you could EDC the C2.

Russianesq

Enlightened
In my previous post when I said pocket, I specifically said a jacket pocket. (see post #7)

I also specifically said in my previous post that I am not trying to compare the 2 cell L4 and C2 against 1 cell lights like the NovaTac etc... (see post #7)

Why is it that when brands like Surefire are compared to anything do some members go on the attack without even reading the posts?

Again the thread was not started on whether to EDC an L4 or a C2.

My original question is if fellow CPF members have tested the "flood" capabilities of the L4 vs. C2.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why is it that when brands like Surefire are compared to anything do some members go on the attack without even reading the posts?

From what I've seen it seems like some people are insecure about their expensive purchase. Say someone spent $300 on a U2 and then they see all these people with a $30-60 Chinese light that puts out more lumens and they start to try and justify to themselves that they made the right choice buying a $150-300 light that has an out dated emitter, isn't as efficient, doesn't put out as much light, etc.

For some who spent that money, wanting to have the latest and greatest and brightest LED, that would be a bummer. However, when you spend money like that on a Surefire, Novatac, etc, it shouldn't be because you want the brightest light with the lastest and greatest LED, it's because you want a very reliable light made with top quality materials, excellent craftsmanship, great beam quality, etc.

I'm looking forward to getting the C2 HAIII I ordered. I'll take some beam shots, etc, than I'm going to try and mod it to a Q5 bin CREE.

Last edited:

darkninja67

Newly Enlightened
I like my C2. Definitely more floody than my LumaPower M1 Tactical. I was very impressed with the build quality for the price as well.

Patriot

Flashaholic
The L4 can be EDC, the C2 looks like it will explode your pocket. Is this a go to light or a EDC?​

Haha!!! :crackup: That's funny! Yes, although I don't own a C2, it does look like it's in a different class when it comes to EDCing.

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think there needs to be some mellowing out here..

Every light has strengths and weaknesses. Maybe the C2 has decent flood, I don't know, I don't have one. The biggest problem that I can see with it is that the head is pretty big for EDC carry, especially in the summer when I'm traditionally wearing mesh shorts with little to no pocket room. Not that a full-blown L4 would do much for me either..

Status
Not open for further replies.