My 1st Fenix

J.M.W.

Newly Enlightened
I just became aware of Fenix after stumbling upon CPF. All info here sounds mostly positive, so I bought a P2D RB100. Will I like it? I haven't tried anything better than a maglite as far as LEDs go.:sigh:

Take it easy on me. :D

lightr07

Newly Enlightened
It depends on how you plan on using it. Is it going to be for outside use? Indoors? etc?

regulator

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very good choice. I have a P3D and it is extremely efficient. I ended up getting one hand picked by Dave for a return and it must be a winner. It is VERY white and the medium setting is about as much light as I need for general bright work. I am amazed at how much light this puts out in medium mode and it is only drawing about 150mA. I wish I had a light meter to see what its output is but is is about as bright as a SL Propoly Lux! This thing can run a LONG time at this level!

I am impressed with the new Fenix lights and they are outstanding value. Another light I am extremely impressed with is the Liteflux LF-3. I would highly recomment a Liteflux. I have also only read good reviews about them.

Novatak is another light that is highly recommended. I do not have one but I have done enough research to feel totaly confident in one.

Code:

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
The P2D is a really nice size / features / format for an EDC light. I think you'll like it and it might even spoil you a bit for being a first light. Welcome to CPF!

BSCOTT1504

Enlightened
Welcome to CPF J.M.W.!! I don't think you will like that light much. But I do think you might love it! It's one of my favorite lights! The Rebel has a little warmer tint than the Cree's but that's a good thing I think. Good throw and plenty of spill for a light that size. Hang on to your wallet cause this place can get expensive! Good luck! :thumbsup:

dcsforum

Newly Enlightened
JMW - I'm kind of in the same boat. I ordered a L2D RB100 last weekend after spending the weekend reading CPF. It's supposedly in transit and I'm eagerly awaiting its arrival. I liked:

- the brightness
- the versatility of multiple lighting levels to meet different requirements and provide different run-times
- the use of commonly-available AA batteries
- the use of 2 batteries for extended run times
- and the rest of the common advantages of LED lights (long run times, long-life emitters, etc.)

In "the old days", I hated that flashlights would be bright for a while and then would start to go dim. In recent times, I've opted to use rechargeable batteries in my flashlights and I just recharge them or swap them out when I need to. I don't feel obligated to keep using the dim light to avoid breaking open $5 of new batteries.

Anyway, I plan on putting rechargeable AAs in my new Fenix and using it heavily. I use flashlights a lot and I think this will be an excellent combination of brightness, run-time, size, and minimal battery complications.

dcsforum

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF J.W.M and dcsforum!

I think both of you will be presently surprised with you lights if you have only handled Maglites before.

Patriot

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF :) You picked a great light. Much brighter than your mag and a bunch easier for EDC.

GadgetProne

Newly Enlightened
I love My first Fenix! (P2D REBEL) I have shown people the light during the day and they thought it was bright. This light will make you say "Is it Night time yet!!!" :thumbsup:

NA8

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered a L2D RB100 last weekend after spending the weekend reading CPF.

I've got one coming too. I originally wanted a L2T, but they sold out early. So I got a L1T. I went to order a 2AA tube for it, but decided to put the money towards a L2D100 instead to take advantage of the preorder deal still going on, and get all the bells and whistles as well as the high lumens. Hopefully everything will mix and match as well, although the RB100 really likes 2 batteries and the L1T80 works remarkably well as a little single AA light.

BlackDecker

Enlightened
I own 3 Fenix lights: The original L1P (1AA with a 1W Lux), L0P SE (1AAA with 1W Lux and 3 levels), and a L2D-CE (2AA with a CREE led and 4 levels w/SOS). All 3 are very well constructed lights and a good value for the money.

cmichael

Newly Enlightened
I just became aware of Fenix after stumbling upon CPF. All info here sounds mostly positive, so I bought a P2D RB100. Will I like it? I haven't tried anything better than a maglite as far as LEDs go.:sigh:

Take it easy on me. :D

Just got my 1st Fenix P3d RB100 yesterday and Tiablo A9 in same week.

Take it easy on me too.:twothumbs

frogs3

Enlightened
I've had my P1D single level light for about two months, and can't believe how well it is made. Up to now I have favored one-level lights from 5.5 lumens to 8000 lumens, so I'm not exactly just starting out here, but, and you knew there was a "but", Fenix makes a REALLY small, one-AA battery, with TWO (and only two, not a bunch of levels I don't want) levels of output in a HA case. I can very soon see an Eneloop inside an L1T V2.0 in my pocket for edc carry and nighttime BR runs as well.

Fenix is IMHO a creative company that other manufacturers should watch with careful attention.

-HAK

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you Jason Mewes!!!? haha... or just a fan?

Fenixes are great lights :D They have the best range of 'little' lights among all the chinese manufacturers but I tend to like dark HA3 natural finishes and the ability to use 14500 (a lithium-ion rechargeable battery) so I go for Jetbeam and other brands that have these characteristics.

For the general user, I would recommend Fenix all the way!