video of Arc-AAA Ultraviolet

Status
Not open for further replies.

mridude

Newly Enlightened
Interesting Peter.

Say, I sometimes watch CSI. What do they use UV lights to detect again?????

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
hi Peter,
what type of stain was that?

how far away was the light from the stain?

i like the fact that this light can pick up the $100 bill's red strip.

Blue72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I travel alot for work, this would be a great tool to see if I have clean sheets and toilets in the hotels I stay in.

speederino

Enlightened
Nooooooooo, if you EVER want to enjoy traveling, do NOT take a UV light into a hotel room. Ignorance is bliss...:D

KenAnderson

Enlightened
UV happens to also work well to reveal new paint on paintings vs. old paint. Altered signatures, inpainting. It also works well to identify old varnish, cracks in pottery or ceramics, watermarks on artist paper, currency, official documents, gemstone ID...

I EDC an Arc UV.

Ken

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
You are welcome.

The stain was probably caused by one of the pets throwing up. the carpet was steam cleaned a couple of times after. the light was about a foot away from the stain.

The beam does not have a donut. In the video the autofocus on the camera has trouble and the center of the picture appears to dissapear for a bit. This was a difficult sequence to film because the video camera does not have the low light sensitivity of a still camera. I picked this stain because it was bright enough to show up on video. To the eye, I had no trouble seeing the stain.

I can see color in US currency from $5 to $100 but the $100 and $10 are pretty faint. I had to turn the light off, close the blinds and hold the light close to the strip. The $5, $20 and $50 were bright enough I could hold the light several inches away in a room indirectly lit by daylight.

Scorpions lit up after dark from about 2-3 feet away. It is a lot easier to find a scorpion with a uv than with a white light.

At night, I can walk around a room and UV objects will pop out. This helps find things that I might want to take a closer look at.

I hope to start taking preorders by the end of this week.

peter

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
...The beam does not have a donut. In the video the autofocus on the camera has trouble and the center of the picture appears to dissapear for a bit.

Thanks for the explanation.

I hope to start taking preorders by the end of this week.

peter

OK, I'll check out the web site again in a few days.

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
hi Peter, could you possibly post a beamshot comparison of the Arc UV against the Photon UV(370nm) or similar coin cell light?

i have the Photon UV370nm coin cell light. i also have 350nm and 360nm Fox 5mm LEDs from a groupbuy.
well i put the 350nm and 360nm one at a time into another coincell host to compare them to the Photon UV.
well, neither was able to flourese better than the Photon UV and were dimmer.

i would love to see how the new Arc UV stand up against the Photon UV.
thanks!

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
THE_DAY,

I don't have any UV squeeze lights. One of the local CPF'ers had one and compared it to the new Arc-UV and it was similiar in wavelength but not as bright.

peter

koala

Flashlight Enthusiast
A gentle reminder of safety hazard about these UV products...

UV lights are near invisible to our eyes, that is why they are not quite bright. Do not look in to UV lights thinking they are dim, they may burn your eyes depending on the power of the LED. You won't even know it at all.

Most products we have here is UVA - 400 to 320 nanometers (nm). Prolong exposures to high levels of UVA will cause stuff like skin cancer. I am not sure how much damage can LEDs do but don't risk it.

Peter - I am glad your products are finally taking off again. Goodjob.

Status
Not open for further replies.