The next Jetbeam

dpled

Enlightened
Has anyone heard what Jetbeam has in the works...Just wondering what we have to look forward to.

:popcorn:

faiz23

Newly Enlightened
i am all up for the jetII it looks kinda like a mcgizmo but is cheaper, of course mcgizmo will be better but i need to work my way up to a mcgizmo and a jetII looks really nice on pictures and paper and price. I like the new mkII-R but i dont like the way the led look in the reflector. I like the head on the jetbeam jetII.

aceo07

Enlightened
I've been a little put off by the slow shipping in their ordering thread. I will have to wait until others order and get better experience before I dive in. I was interested in the Jet-u, but there are some people who don't seem to have received them yet.

mchlwise

Enlightened
I've been a little put off by the slow shipping in their ordering thread. I will have to wait until others order and get better experience before I dive in. I was interested in the Jet-u, but there are some people who don't seem to have received them yet.

JetBeam has some serious issues to overcome, no doubt.

With the exception of the C-LE fiasco, however, their issues are customer-service related. Hopefully that has changed only time will tell.

Personally, I put JetBeam's products at the very top of the "sub-$100" categegory, and I'm very excited for their new products. I've always thought JetBeam is the very best light you can get for the money... when you can get them. :green:

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
...Personally, I put JetBeam's products at the very top of the "sub-$100" categegory, and I'm very excited for their new products. I've always thought JetBeam is the very best light you can get for the money... when you can get them. :green:

+1 ...although reading some posts by others, it seems that Jetbeam build quality is inconsistent. I got two C-LEs from one of the first group-buys [the one without problems & delays] and they are great. It is my most carried light. It is so small for a single AA, and bright enough for most situations. I often use NiMH in it. Some people had problems with theirs - loose threads, bad boards. I think that the uncertainty has kept prices lower than might otherwise be the case. When you get a good one, they are great values.

swxb12

Flashlight Enthusiast
MSRP on the new C-LE v2 is certainly up, perhaps due to new quality control standards and service as promised by CPF poster 'JETBeam'. If it's true, I'd gladly pay up. v1.2 is one of my favorite lights.

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmmm...... I've had my v.1 C-LE (yes, with the low PWM rate) as my EDC since they first came out. I really like that little light, and was waiting for the newer version so that I could retire that one to the car glove box.

However, I'm a bit disappointed in 2 things. First, they've gone to a clicky tail switch, which makes it longer, and is a possible extra series of parts to wear out. 2nd.... they've only put in a Q2 emitter.

I could live with the clicky, as I was told the new head would work on my old v.1 body.....but I was seriously hoping for at least a Q4 emitter, so...... I guess I'll have to pass on these as I don't see this as much of a step up from the v.1, and the slight flicker of the PWM doesn't really bother me that much.

liquidsix

Enlightened
I want them all! I want a good light with a memory function, though I have to wonder if this function is what hindered the Jet-micro's efficiency... as much as I don't want to I think I'll wait for reviews to find out (glad they are getting them properly reviewed).

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone know how much longer the new C-LE is with the clicky? One thing I love about the v1 C-LE is that it is so short for a one AA.