My Tiablo A9!! *UPDATED 18/9 with beamshots w/ Streamlight 4AA PP Luxeon*

nutz_about_lights

Enlightened
(This is not a review!) Hi all, since I got my Tiablo A9 a few days ago, I thought that it would be nice to share a few pics of my new light. (Sorry if the night shots are a little poor cause I don't have a camera with advanced adjustable settings. Also apologize for not finding an area dark enough).

First impressions: I thought Olive drab was a fugly colour but the light's finish was quite nice - one word to describe it: Handsome.

Streamlight 4AA Propolymer Luxeon & Tiablo A9 height:
TiabloA9heightcomparewithSL.jpg

SL PP reflector vs Tiablo's: :hahaha:
TiabloA9reflectorbesideSLreflector.jpg

Tiablo beam on tree (5m/15ft):
TiabloA9ontree.jpg

Tiablo beam into sky:
TiabloA9intosky.jpg

Tiablo beam on building (100m/330ft away):
TiabloA9onbuilding.jpg

Tiablo beam on tree (150m/450ft away), shone from overhead:
TiabloA9ontreefar.jpg

Tiablo A9 on high:
TiabloA9lightonhigh.jpg

And, oops, I dropped my Tiablo on the floor! :rant:!@#$%^!!! Quickly checked for scratches and dents but then remembered that the Tiablo was made of aircraft aluminium with HA-III anodizing. :grin2: Needless to say I couldn't even identify which part of the bezel touched the floor.

But look what it did to the floor... (lit by a lousy common flashlight):
TiabloA9dentinfloor.jpg

I really like this light a lot; and it has the cool "lightsabre" effect 10m into the sky that all throw-fanatics crave. As nitro said, if you're planning to use CR123's, get the A9. If you're using rechargeables, get the A8-Q5. Also check out Stephen's reviews (3 in all with the Tiablo) in the "reviews" section and http://www.lightreviews.info/tiablo_a9s/review.html for another.

********UPDATE 17/9/07********* Added new beamshots with comparison to Streamlight 4AA Propolymer Luxeon.

Upon Maxilux's request, I have taken a few beamshots to compare the Tiablo A9 and the thrower of yesterday, the Streamlight 4AA Propolymer Luxeon.

Area 1, distance to tree: 10m/33ft

Streamlight 4AA PP (42 lumens):
TiabloA9streamlight4aa.jpg

Tiablo A9 low (60 lumens):
TiabloA9lowontreereservoir.jpg

SL PP (left) vs Tiablo A9 (right, on low):
TiabloA9sidebysideSL.jpg

Tiablo A9 (high):
TiabloA9highontreereservoir.jpg

SEE POST #14 for a wall shot (1m) comparing the Tiablo's and Streamlight's spillbeam and hotspots.

Some bonus shots of the Tiablo A9:

Google earth measurement:
TiabloA9shootoutatreservoirgoggleea.jpg

Tiablo A9 going the distance: :grin2:
TiabloA9reservoirfaraway220m.jpg

Salute to CPFers:
TiabloA9intoskyreservoir.jpg

Conclusion:
The streamlight (one setting only) seems to compare close enough to the Tiablo on low, although on low Tiablo's spillbeam is noticeably brighter.

Last edited:

fordwillman

Newly Enlightened
Re: My Tiablo A9!! *PICS inside!*

Glad you like your A9. Mine is my favorite flashlight now. Quality and man what a beam!

cmichael

Newly Enlightened

(This is not a review!) Hi all, since I got my Tiablo A9 a few days ago, I thought that it would be nice to share a few pics of my new light. (Sorry if the night shots are a little poor cause I don't have a camera with advanced adjustable settings. Also apologize for not finding an area dark enough).

Streamlight 4AA Propolymer Luxeon & Tiablo A9 height:
TiabloA9heightcomparewithSL.jpg

SL PP reflector vs Tiablo's: :hahaha:
TiabloA9reflectorbesideSLreflector.jpg

Tiablo beam on tree (5m/15ft):
TiabloA9ontree.jpg

Tiablo beam into sky:
TiabloA9intosky.jpg

Tiablo beam on building (100m/330ft away):
TiabloA9onbuilding.jpg

Tiablo beam on tree (150m/450ft away), shone from overhead:
TiabloA9ontreefar.jpg

Tiablo A9 on high:
TiabloA9lightonhigh.jpg

And, oops, I dropped my Tiablo on the floor! :rant:!@#$%^!!! Quickly checked for scratches and dents but then remembered that the Tiablo was made of aircraft aluminium with HA-III anodizing. :grin2: Needless to say I couldn't even identify which part of the bezel touched the floor.

But look what it did to the floor... (lit by a lousy common flashlight):
TiabloA9dentinfloor.jpg

I really like this light a lot; and it has the cool "lightsabre" effect 10m into the sky that all throw-fanatics crave. As nitro said, if you're planning to use CR123's, get the A9. If you're using rechargeables, get the A8-Q5. Also check out Stephen's reviews (3 in all with the Tiablo) in the "reviews" section and http://www.lightreviews.info/tiablo_a9s/review.html for another.

I like mine too..:popcorn:
At 310 feet.
TiabloA9013.jpg

Last edited:

tino_ale

Flashlight Enthusiast

Just being picky :sick2: but "aircraft aluminium" is nothing more than a nice marketing term to say that it is 6061. Which is certainly good enough for the purpose of a flashlight, sure, but certainly not a higher end aluminium alloy... it's "just" 6061.
the Tiablo was made of aircraft aluminium with HA-III anodizing. :grin2:

StefanFS

Flashlight Enthusiast

Just being picky :sick2: but "aircraft aluminium" is nothing more than a nice marketing term to say that it is 6061. Which is certainly good enough for the purpose of a flashlight, sure, but certainly not a higher end aluminium alloy... it's "just" 6061.

Tiablo actually claim they use 7075 T6 alloy, which is a bit tougher than 6061. The alloy used in the Tiablos are harder than the alloy used in my MRV's. My Tiablo A8 dented my first generation MRV when I accidentally bumped them, the Tiablo didn't get a mark.
Stefan

maxilux

Enlightened

@nutz_about_lights

can you make a beamshot with the A9 and the Streamlight PP4AA ?
I will be very happy.
What is in your A9? CR123 ?

tino_ale

Flashlight Enthusiast

Oh really?! Didn't know that, it's a very good point; I would love to see more and more flashlight manufacturer using 7075 instead of 6061! If I don't mistake, the 7075-T6 is not far from being twice as strong as the 6061-T6 (comparing tensile and yield strenghts).

Tiablo actually claim they use 7075 T6 alloy, which is a bit tougher than 6061. The alloy used in the Tiablos are harder than the alloy used in my MRV's. My Tiablo A8 dented my first generation MRV when I accidentally bumped them, the Tiablo didn't get a mark.
Stefan

lexina

Enlightened

Hey, that car in the fifth photo is parked on a hump and pointed the wrong way round facing traffic! Nice photos, btw! :)

Last edited:

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast

Actually T6061 IS a higher end aluminum - far stronger than most common aluminum used in non critical apps. And yes T7075 is stronger yet but I'll bet a lot of cheaper lights don't even use T6061. I'm thrilled by any light that does use it or better.

nutz_about_lights

Enlightened

@nutz_about_lights

can you make a beamshot with the A9 and the Streamlight PP4AA ?
I will be very happy.
What is in your A9? CR123 ?

Yup I use CR123s for my A9 so that I have regulated output.

Took some shots of the Tiablo A9 vs the Streamlight 4AA PP Luxeon yesterday. Sorry couldn't upload them earlier because my laptop had a ''blue screen of death'' problem. I think its a corrupt SD card slot.

maxilux

Enlightened
Re: My Tiablo A9!! *UPDATED 17/9 with beamshots w/ Streamlight 4AA PP Luxeon*

@nutz_about_lights

Yeh, that`s the way i like, very great thrower it looks, many thanks to you.
What a light !!!

maxilux

Enlightened

Sorry forget in last post, i was blindet a little bit, so i must ask again.
The A9 has more throw and brightness in the low modus as the PP4AA ???

nutz_about_lights

Enlightened

Sorry forget in last post, i was blindet a little bit, so i must ask again.
The A9 has more throw and brightness in the low modus as the PP4AA ???

Yup according to the manufacturer's specs the Tiablo puts out 60 lumens on low compared to the SL PP's 42 lumens. When the two beams are put over each other, the Tiablo's spillbeam and hot spot covers the SL's. So the Tiablo's hotspot and spillbeam is brighter. I can't spot the SL PP's spillbeam nor its hotspot in the Tiablo's light. Here's a pic comparing the two:

Tiablo A9 (low) vs SL 4AA PP (wall shot):
TiabloA9besideSLwallbeamshot.jpg

Last edited:

maxilux

Enlightened

Yup according to the manufacturer's specs the Tiablo puts out 60 lumens on low compared to the SL PP's 42 lumens. When the two beams are put over each other, the Tiablo's spillbeam and hot spot covers the SL's. So the Tiablo's hotspot and spillbeam is brighter. I can't spot the SL PP's spillbeam nor its hotspot in the Tiablo's light. Here's a pic comparing the two:

Tiablo A9 (low) vs SL 4AA PP (wall shot):
TiabloA9besideSLwallbeamshot.jpg

Wow, is it the Led thrower of the year??, many thanks for your work!!

Flashlight Enthusiast

your lucky you can point yours out your window, i just end up pissing my neighbors off

nutz_about_lights

Enlightened

your lucky you can point yours out your window, i just end up pissing my neighbors off

Heh the spillbeam should be enough to **** the neighbours off.

I walked around my neighbourhood a few nights ago and shone the Tiablo A9 on high :shakehead into an apartment 150m/450ft away. Well the condominium was well lit and I could make out the silhouette of a small girl coming to check me (or the strange light for that matter) out. :eek:oo: Tried it on the unit beside it and had the same results. Seems like even the Tiablo can find its beam inside lit aparments. :p Jajajajajaja.