Best multiple AA light?

donn_

Flashaholic
Youse guys have gotten me addicted to this flashlight thing, to the extent I'm looking for excuses to buy a high-end light, or two.

I use a lot of Nimh AA batteries, in my digital camera and in cordless mice and keyboards for my computers. Right now, I'm using a herd of 2700MA Powerex, having upgraded from the earlier incarnations, which worked very well for me. I'm set up with a good system of chargers, and it dawned on me I could probably put these batteries to good use in a AA light. I have a tool-bag MiniMag I'll try them in, and it has a cheapo NiteIze drop-in which works well enough.

So what's the best tactical light out there for at least 2, and maybe more, AA Nimh batteries?

I would like one which can serve more than one purpose; EDC and weapon mount on a nicely tricked-out Remington Marine Magnum. I'd like to be able to use it by itself, and pop it into a gun mount with a stock-mounted multi-stage switch.

Is that possible? If not, I'd consider one for carry, and one for the gun.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
For something reasonably sized(Minimag size, 2AA) I think most would say the Fenix L2D-CE/Rebel 100, the Rebel 100 version is the brightest. The Fenix L2T V2.0 is pretty bright and is simpler to use then the L2D. 8% off coupon for CPFers is Fenix store is "CPF8".

Something bigger would usually be a Propoly 4AA Luxeon(I wish the upgraded to a more efficient LED).