My TITAN Mod - Now it's perfect

Phredd

Enlightened
It was just a bit too long, so I shortened it to just under 2.7 inches. Now it fits better in my coin pocket and it stands like a candle. I think I may try to get on the lathe one more time to remove the "dimple" from the tripod thread remnant. This is definitely a keeper EDC; not a collectible.

titanmodnv9.jpg

titanmodsideyg3.jpg

Polished - removed coating:

titanpolished1ck8.jpg

Second facing - completely flat:

titanmodendka6.jpg

Last edited:

munkybiz_9881

Enlightened
:twothumbs:clap::rock:YEEAA!!

Excellent work Phredd..Good to see someone is not afraid of chucking up a 500 dollar light and playing a little!!

KUDOS

Hodsta

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great job - I actually quite like the dimple though, think you should keep it:grin2:.

mspeterson

Enlightened
:eek::bow:

You got stones!

Could you see any way to preserve some form of attatchment point? I'm not worried about tailtanding and am not diggin' the thing on the end of my Titan...

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Good for you. That lanyard attachment looked totally out of place.

For me, it really doesn't look out of place. I would have rather seen SF taken advantage of the tripod mount hole, by making that cap a full circle and allowing it to screw on/off into that hole. I guess their fear was that it may unscrew and/or now allow for swiveling while mounted on a keyring, etc.

russtang

Flashlight Enthusiast
It was just a bit too long, so I shortened it to just under 2.7 inches. Now it fits better in my coin pocket and it stands like a candle. I think I may try to get on the lathe one more time to remove the "dimple" from the tripod thread remnant. This is definitely a keeper EDC; not a collectible.

titanmodnv9.jpg

I think this mod makes it better for edc IMO.
I had thought about it before I received mine.
BUT, my nuggets aren't near large enough to do it.

Phredd

Enlightened
Thanks everyone. I didn't really think it was that brave. Brave would be taking this thing apart. (hint hint) I was worried about it snapping trying to cut it off, but the instructor suggested I just face it off. So, ever so slowly, I faced it off.

There was no way to save any part of the threads. As you can see, all that's left is the tiny dimple. I think it might be nice to have an end like on the Orb Wee (slots for tritium and the option of an attachment), but I definitely won't get that much time on the lathe unless I take another class - maybe next spring.

Phredd

Phredd

Enlightened

Patriot

Flashaholic
You're a warrior!!! It looks great too!

Hey, give us another pic from the side if you don't mind...please :)