Any new word on the Micro Illuminator?

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
I e-mailed my name to the "I want one" list for the 1AAA Legend Micro Illuminator, and I've been pacing around like a cat on acid ever since /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif ! Has anybody heard anything regarding how production is coming along (...if April 15th is still the projected availability date). I've been a flashoholic for as long as I can remember, and I've ALWAYS been partial to the "smaller and brighter" concept...and the Micro Illuminator REALLY has me pumped!!!
Anyway...just curious and climbing the walls. Thanx...

PJD

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
You just don't understand how hard we work behind the sceens. Nothing but test, test, test. You know how hard it is carrying around five of these all the time?
tease1.jpg

Seriously, things look good to make or beat the 15 April date. Hang in there, it won't be long.

Seth

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
lambda said:

tease1.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

lambda,

this pic looks professional made !
Would fit in the SF or Arc catalogue nicely /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

It will be a loooong time until April 15th /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

Seth

trailstoride

Newly Enlightened
I also e-mailed my name to the "I want one" list for the 1AAA Legend Micro Illuminator. Waited a day and did not get an email reply... so I emailed again. Still no reply.

Did my email get thru?

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Trails,

I am sorry but if your question was meant for me, I have no involvement in this one other than that they kindly sent me a prototype unit to review.

Based on recent limited e-mail correspondence with other CPF'ers I am sure ArcLambdia is getting inundated with orders, and perhaps they will set aside time every once in a while to answer e-mails as they pile up. I do know they are using a mfg. house and there should be more than enough for all who want one.

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
Trailstoride,

I just checked and the auto responder sent me an email when I sent one to the list. Are you sure you are using a clear email (not altered to avoid spamers) ?

We will send notices to the email addresses in the list, so make sure it's a clean email address.

Since your profile doesn't have an email address listed, you can send me an email at [email protected] and I'll scan the list to make sure you are on it.

All parts are now in hand, including the reel of super inductors, so production has begun on the regulators. Now, if the 'right' Luxeons show up, all will be well........

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seth,

Thanks for the compliments, but it was a five second setup, lit completely with only the Micro ILs. I just pointed them at the one with my keys and took the shot.

Suddenly I find myself buying AAA batteries, which I never had a use for in the past. But reliability is also our goal, and that means multiple testing with multiple units.....

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
lambda...I (like trailstoride) didn't receive a reply or confirmation when I put my name on the list, so I've sent an e-mail to your above address also. You and Arcmania ROCK!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

PJD

trailstoride

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
lambda said:
Trailstoride,

I just checked and the auto responder sent me an email when I sent one to the list. Are you sure you are using a clear email (not altered to avoid spamers) ?

[/ QUOTE ]

My email address is not modified. I updated my profile so you can view my email address. I also sent you an email to [email protected] Thanks for the progress update! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
While it is exciting to get ANY new light, I am really looking forward to this light.

A light as bright as a LS, in a keychain sized light! 2-3 hours of full brightness, and 8-10 hours of "survival mode" lighting. All on 1 AAA battery!

Now, this light is a full 1 inch longer than my trusty ARC AAA (3.75 vs 2.75 inches). As much as I like my ARC, and as WELL BUILT as my ARC AAA is, I am pretty sure that this Micro Illuminator is going to replace my ARC. (Of course it is MUCH more expensive too!)

Now, knowing the CPF mod'ers here, I would bet that someone is secretly working on a 1AAA 5 Watt LS keychain light! (Naw, probably need to use those "N" cell batteries . . .)

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Question. How bright is the "Survival mode" compared with a typical Nichia, 1 LED keychain light?

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
BuddTX said:
Question. How bright is the "Survival mode" compared with a typical Nichia, 1 LED keychain light?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to say it's slightly less bright than a key chain with fresh batteries when in survival mode. However, some changes were made to increase efficiency and brightness since these prototypes were built, so the final product may be somewhat brighter yet. I can say that it's plenty bright enough to navigate through a dark basement without stumbling over anything.

Probably need to wait for the new converter to be married up with some of the production Luxeons before too many details can be honestly answered.

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
lambda said:
However, some changes were made to increase efficiency and brightness since these prototypes were built, so the final product may be somewhat brighter yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Naw, who wants lights that are even more efficient and brigher than the prototype? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

That is great news about the light in it's survival mode. That means, that, worst case seneriao, if the light goes into survival mode, it still will be bright enought to use, about the same as a single led.

I am really looking forward to this light.

I will have to ask flashlightlens.com if they can make a mineral glass lens to fit this tiny puppy!

Mr. Blue

Enlightened
Lambda...does the M-I have a locking tail switch?

What is the diameter of the lens? We can start getting them ordered in mineral glass...TIA

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mr. Blue...The Brinkmann Legend 1AAA DOES have a LOTC. Same tail cap design as the 2XAA Legend. NICE little light!!!

PJD

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
PJD said:
Mr. Blue...The Brinkmann Legend 1AAA DOES have a LOTC. Same tail cap design as the 2XAA Legend. NICE little light!!!

PJD

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, very nice switch with lock out function.

Also, don't get excited about a glass front window lens; it's included.

Brotherscrim

Enlightened
you added a glass lens to the light? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

You guys rock! I am so glad I put my request in early!