CR 123As for a P3D Q5

Gunner12

Flashaholic
I think as long as you don't buy no name batteries and stick with Panasonic, Surefire, Duracell etc, you should be fine.

flashy bazook

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've used also the Titanium brand (recommended by flashlightreviews), and I'm generally happy with them. They cn be bought through the internet generally cheaper than alternatives (at least when I last bought them a few months ago).

one thing to watch for - you should indicate you want to buy them in matched pairs, especially since the P3D uses 2xCR123A's. This is said to reduce the chance of battery accidents.

jasonsmaglites

Enlightened
I've used also the Titanium brand (recommended by flashlightreviews), and I'm generally happy with them. They cn be bought through the internet generally cheaper than alternatives (at least when I last bought them a few months ago).

one thing to watch for - you should indicate you want to buy them in matched pairs, especially since the P3D uses 2xCR123A's. This is said to reduce the chance of battery accidents.

good tip, i didn't know you could do that.
what do they do, check the voltage for you?

daveman

Enlightened

I second that. I've bought about 20 Titanium cr123s in the past year, and they've all measured 100% on my ZTS tester when they arrived with the exception of one testing at 80%. The remaining few all tested 100% a couple weeks ago.
You used to be able to buy them at amondotech.com, but the site is under reconstruction right now, should be up again next month.

flashy bazook

Flashlight Enthusiast
good tip, i didn't know you could do that.
what do they do, check the voltage for you?

yes, they say they test them so they match - they come shrink-wrapped together. In fact you could even buy them in threes if you happened to have a flashlight that uses 3xCR123A's (earlier gen Inova tacticals had this formfactor as one option for example).