Brightest stock flashlight?

ledebuhr1

Newly Enlightened
What is the brightest stock flashlight? An how many lumens is it?

Is the MX Power 3-cree one of the brightest? or not?

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
How much do you want to spend and how big of a light are you looking for? Those Polarian (SP?) HID lights are like 4,000 lumens.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
The newest Polarion? $2195.00
Polarion PH40 "Helios" HID 40 Watt with integrated handle. Approx 12" in length and just under 4 lbs..
polph40_light_240.jpg

Last edited:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
I think the main question would be price range.

A high power Incan or a HID would be brighter. But an Incan can break and a HIDs have a warm up time.

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
The brightest thing you can buy and have right out of the box is probably the Maxabeam, but that's stretching the definition of 'flashlight', because it's HID.

MikeLip

Flashlight Enthusiast
The brightest thing you can buy and have right out of the box is probably the Maxabeam, but that's stretching the definition of 'flashlight', because it's HID.

I guess that depends on how you define flashlight. I have a couple HIDs that look like normal flashlights (Wolf Eyes Boxer and Shark) instead of a lantern like the Maxabeam, but since it was asked here I assume the question pertains to the brightest production LED flashlight. I'm guessing that would be the Wiseled Tactical at a claimed 1500 lumens. I don't know by actual measurement, but I can tell you from playing with one it's doggone bright :)

ledebuhr1

Newly Enlightened
I am refering to a LED flashlight that is less than $100.

Is there any other company that makes somthing compairable to the Wiseled tactical? it seems a lot of money for what it is.

mdocod

Flashaholic

actually a 50W HID has more lumens than a maxabeam, the maxabeam is simply more focused so it can throw farther. The 75W short arc allows for really tight throw, but total lumen output isn't "all" that impressive. If I recall I think even some 35W HIDs were outdoing it in total lumens.

MikeLip

Flashlight Enthusiast
What is the brightest stock flashlight? An how many lumens is it?

Is the MX Power 3-cree one of the brightest? or not?

Bright how? Hot spot? Best throw? Most flood? Total output? Lots of ways to define it!

The MX Power looks like it puts out a LOT of light for the money. But there are also lights like the Ultrafire C2 which according to DX has a brighter beam at half the price. And of course there is the WF-600 which seems to be famous here for it's throw/price ratio. No numbers attached to ad copy though.

The multiple emitters with small reflectors of the 3-Cree probably make for a floody light, which can be a very good thing. I have a three-emitter light (Elektrolumens TriStar Phaser) which is basically a floodlight. It's a very practical tool.

ledebuhr1

Newly Enlightened
Mikelip,

The MX Power says it has 500 lumens, the Ultrafire C2 says 165 lumens. Now they are both suspect as im sure the manufactures like to over inflate the numbers a bit.
The Ultrafire C2 seems to be better at long through because of its deep reflective cone.

Gunner12

Flashaholic

Is there any other company that makes somthing compairable to the Wiseled tactical? it seems a lot of money for what it is.

From what I know, there is no light under $100 that compares to the WiseLED Tactical.

There are a few 3 Cree/Seoul Lights under $50 though.

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
If You want the brightest you will have to pay even if you stick to LEDs.
ShadeSlayer-7 $299 7xCree
FoxFury $799.99 9xCree

If you want a bright light at reasonable cost look at building yourself a ROP or Mag 85. Ask over at the incandescent /mod forums.
You can also look for the Thor 15 million candlepower at your local hardware store (may use the store's own brand name). $50. It is BIG and heavy though.

Last edited:

daveman

Enlightened

Amazing that people here would keep on recommending you lights that cost $600 or $700 even after what you just posted. :confused:

Leddbuhr, the brightest stock LED handheld flahslight available, right this darn moment, is the Fenix P3D Q5. It's been measured by two different long-time CPF members at shooting out ~190 lumens OUT THE FRONT of its lense, so you'll get ~190 lumens' worth of beam to light things up.

No, the Fenix P3D Q5 does not compare to Wiseled Tactical in brightness, NOT EVEN CLOSE!

MikeLip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Amazing that people here would keep on recommending you lights that cost $600 or $700 even after what you just posted. :confused:

Leddbuhr, the brightest stock LED handheld flahslight available, right this darn moment, is the Fenix P3D Q5. It's been measured by two different long-time CPF members at shooting out ~190 lumens OUT THE FRONT of its lense, so you'll get ~190 lumens' worth of beam to light things up.

No, the Fenix P3D Q5 does not compare to Wiseled Tactical in brightness, NOT EVEN CLOSE!

Nope, but for it's size it is freaking bright! Woof! It's tough to do better than the P3D.