Maglights - improvement of

looman

Enlightened
I have a 6 cell and a 2 cell siting in a drawer doing nothing.

Might be worth upgrading them BUT what would you use.

I am looking for high Lumen output and an easy to do drop in conversion.

I have heard the name Malkoff and I have seen a r head unit in Lighthound or battery junction.

Are hese plug n plays and will they run on rechargeables ?

Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks

Looman

Jimmy H

Newly Enlightened
Maglite's own LED drop in will work. I am happy with my 4D now.

Others may put out more light, but remember you have to double the lumens to make a noticeable difference.

Heat sink issues will limit the ultimate lumens from any source.

Bloodnut

Newly Enlightened
The Malkoff Devices drop-ins are *very* close to plug-n-play. They are probably the *best* reasonably available, reasonably priced drop-ins on the market - in that brightness range. Whether they work with rechargables is something I would like to know as well.

choaticwhisper

Enlightened
Yes a malkoff is just about plug and play, You need to cut your reflector or buy one from him. It will also run on rechargables as long as the voltage is not over 9v.
I believe same goes for others.

chewy78

Enlightened
The Terralux tle-6exb, for the 2 cells offer the most bang for your buck for a easy drop in that puts out decent light. I have one and it works great with a pair of 10,000mah nimh d cells or with alkalines. You cant go wrong.

As for the 6 cell,terralux tle-6ex-possibly. Although to take advantage of the runtime with 6 cells and brightness. Malkoff led,terralux tle-300, for more light but still easy enough for a good easy dropin

Last edited: