E1B Backup, Simple Mod To Make Better Handling

tompen

Newly Enlightened
Hi from a newbie

I got my Backup a few days ago and love the light, even though I just bought a Cree L1, which I also like. The only problem I found with the E1B is that it is a little slick and hard to hold, I also have large hands.

I was at a hardware store this am and bought a 1/8 inch black rubber o-ring with a 1 1/16 inch outside diameter, which slips over the light and sits in the grove on the head very nicely. It looks good and lays right under the index finger when you hold the light, giving you a good grip on the light and stopping it from sliding forward when you press the tailcap.

Simple fix for a great light :twothumbs

Last edited:

LG&M

Enlightened
That's funny a hour before you posted this I was at Ace getting my o-ring. Works great.:thumbsup: I got 1"X3/4x1/8.

tompen

Newly Enlightened
I don't have a digital camera, I could scan it but since the rules are no attachments I don't know how to attach a picture.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
If you use glow in the dark o-rings, you'll get the added benefit of a little extra "flashlight bling". Additionally, it's practical as well!

LG&M

Enlightened
I thought of that but I never have understood the glow in the dark thing if your light is in your pocket/holster how does it charge?

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Leave it on your desk whenever you're not using or carrying it. If the glow rings are good quality, they will be visible in the dark with a few hours of charging. Not bright, but visible.

tompen

Newly Enlightened
Hi Flashaholic, I think you should measure the O.D. on that O Ring you bought. You made me double check mine and it is 1 1/16 inch O.D. 1 3/4 inch would definately not fit on this light. Don't want to mislead the others on this forum. I tried a 1 1/8 th also and it was just a little big for the grove.

LG&M

Enlightened
mine is 1" X 3/4" X 1/8" That is 1 inch OD 3/4 ID 1/8 thick. On the package it calls it a #15 what ever that is.

tompen

Newly Enlightened
mine is 1" X 3/4" X 1/8" That is 1 inch OD 3/4 ID 1/8 thick. On the package it calls it a #15 what ever that is.

Yes the 1 inch O.D. will work, I also tried that one first, however it is very tight in the groove and hard to remove. I then tried the 1 1/16th O.D and like the fit better with it.