Mini MR-X

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
MOD236FinishedLightpic1900x.jpg

Soon after I became a member of cpf I signed up for the second run of MR-X.
Unfortunately this second run never happened. :(

Thanks to a very nice XW0S from Fred (PhotonFanatic) and George's fantastic MaxFlex2 driver I finally could make my own Mini MR-X. :grin2:
Needless to say the XW0S is pretty bright at 1.2A! :D

Parts list:
· Black MagSC
· UCL lens
· LuxV XW0S emitter
· Green glowring
· O-sink
· MaxFlex2 driver (5 levels)
· runs on 1C or 1x18650 Li-ion cell

Length of the body is only 115mm! :whistle:
Light Engine can be seen here.

Enjoy. :)

Last edited:

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
MR-X? I don't see a Magic Resistor like the one I have here, hence MRX, not even using Howard's Hotlips! :nana:

Nah, I'm just kidding Freddy. :wave:

Beautiful mod & I'm jealous! :thumbsup:

Gryloc

Enlightened
Wow! Nice light! I am glad to hear that old technology still brings out joy. I still dream of owning an X-binned Luxeon V. Someday I will run into a sale of them and I will just get it. I like how you went with a stock looking Mag. I have a hard time telling, but is that a 2C or 1C cutdown? Have you though about using one of the Seoul P7 emitters in a similar mod, just to showcase the best of older technology and some of the newest technology? That would be neat! Also, you can do beamshot comparisons to compare beam size and shape (and of course brightness). Keep up the amazing work...

-Tony

EDIT:

BTW, how many lumens do you expect is coming out of the Luxeon V at 1200mA? I was always curious since they were rated at 192+ lumens at 700mA. Thanks.

Last edited:

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
:shakehead...:shakehead...:shakehead...he is still working even on his birthday ...:party:...:grouphug:...just kidding:grin2:

Very well done Freddy, I really like the combination of nostalgia and new technology:clap:...:twothumbs...:goodjob:

All the best

_____
Tom:wave:

Essexman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very nice build.
My first mag mod build was a Mr bulk Space Needle copy.
I'll never forget the day I finished it. I put it all together at work in my lunch time. After lunch a workmate picked it up. Before I had a chance to say stop, yep, he turned it on, looking into the mag reflector.
"#*&$ !! never new they made LED's that bright" he said.
That evening tried it out in the dark night sky. Wow, he was right.