Should Surefire Provide Better Packaging

Albinoni

Banned
Surefire may make some very nice torch lights but to say the least they should really upgrade and improve their packaging. if I expect to pay big bucks for a good torch I do expect it to come in a nice wooden box (like what some Chinese torch manufacturers do) and not just some plastic packaging.

No offense here just my thought.

scottaw

Enlightened
Personally, they could hand it to me in a ziplock bag, if it's a quality product, it shouldn't go in the box, it should go in your pocket.

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the higher end Chinese torch makers HAVE to give you a quality box; otherwise you might not perceive the quality of the light with so many of the lesser quality Chinese lights looking the same.

SureFire doesn't have to provide a quality box since they provide a quality light that is apparent as soon as you pick it up. Furthermore, it is less likly a SureFire is going to be needing to spend time in its box. It is a light designed for professionals and meant to be used, not just viewed.

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
The current Surefire packaging is ok with me. I would find a good quality holster considerably more handy than a pretty wooden box. The former is for using the flashlight and the latter is for constructing a shrine.

:)

Last edited:

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
No, they shouldn't. I love those Red and Black blisters of pure joy.

SureFire don't need to sugarcoat the packaging, because unlike the chinese "competition", they are actually delivering the "World's Finest Illumination Tools" in regardeless of the external cosmetics. It would be even ok if they put their lights in a plastic ziplock bag.

jugg2

Enlightened
Their packaging is just fine with me. Like others said, they could give it to me in a sanwhich bag, it's whats inside that really matters.

HKJ

Flashaholic
Wooden boxes are fine for collecting flashlights, but if your are going to use the light, your have no use for a fine box.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
i actually like the old cardboard kind, the ony my G2Z came in.I would actually prefer if lights didnt come in nice boxes, i would then feel compelled to keep the nice boxes, and im already running out of space.

Crenshaw

Mash

Enlightened
+1 on feeling like you need to keep the good boxes! But then you end up with boxes with nothing inside them, so you put your other enpty boxes in them to save space, so you end up basically using them for nothing!
Also these days, I am quite annoyed with the amount of waste that packaging includes and generates. Its seems a shame when you have to throw out so much material, which has cost money, energy and resources to produce, transport etc.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 on feeling like you need to keep the good boxes! But then you end up with boxes with nothing inside them, so you put your other enpty boxes in them to save space, so you end up basically using them for nothing!
Also these days, I am quite annoyed with the amount of waste that packaging includes and generates. Its seems a shame when you have to throw out so much material, which has cost money, energy and resources to produce, transport etc.

Worse! none of my boxes fit inside each other....i have used 2 very small boxes from dx to keep my circuits and LEDs in so they wont get crushed by the plethora of stuff in my electronics box...but thats it.

OT, but lately, eating Subway alot, cant help thinking that the wax paper used to wrap up your sub, goes from new, to rubbish in the time it takes to eat the sub, 10 minuites maybe? depending on how fast you eat.I sure hope the recycle them.

Crenshaw

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
I just know that when they arrive I have to deploy the serrated blade on my Charge Ti and hack it open! :D

Larry

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
The type of packaging would cause the light to cost more.
Why in the world do you want a wood box when in theory you would be talking the light out of the packaging and throw it away since you will never need it again.
Surefire lights are tools not toys. When was the last time you went to the hardware store and bought a wrench which came in a wooden box?
I never have.
I am with Larry. Pull out the (I now have a special little plastic package opener which is pretty trick and makes what use to be a real chore as simple as one two three) plastic cutting gizmo open the package and throw it into the recycling bin.
Yaesumofo

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would rather have the cost of the box be contributed to the light itself. Some surefire lights do not come with lanyard. IMO, if it came in a ziplock baggie, the cost saving can be transferred to a lanyard which is more useful anyways.

I bought a $475 folder and it came with just a folder in a baggie...thats all that matters...my 0.02cents

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't like Surefire packaging. It takes me about 5 minutes to open It up, and I have to have scissors present.

But..I love Surefire.

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe we should be more like my children through the years.
At Christmas time they spent more time playing with the boxes than they did the toys at times. :sssh:

Personally I hate those blister packs for two reasons. First when I go to my local dealer I can't try two or three lights because you can tell if they have been opened. Second it takes a pit bull to get those things open.

Bill