Want a new light with Cree Q5...

Snesley Wipes

Newly Enlightened
...I think. Is the Q5 the best LED available? I am looking to acquire a 2 CR123, small, high performing, multi level torch. That SF Ultra is very very nice but another poster mentioned how dated that light was. I like the twisty function on it and the broad lumen range.

Could the pros please refer a light that may fit my specs?

Thx,
Snes

surfinsmiley

Newly Enlightened
I`m the new guy...... I just spent a week reading here and bought myself the Tiablo A9 Q5. Best thrower in the business are far as I can tell, 2cr123`s, better build the the "in" brand that appears to reign supreme around here......:sssh:

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
For the range in output, and a Q5, The Nightcore Defender Infinity may be your only choice. Its not exactly in the same class as the U2 size wise, but it it still very bright.

Crenshaw

Yapo

Enlightened
how bout the Olight T20? it has a tight hotspot for throw and 5 levels of brightness which is controlled by twisting the head and turned on by tail clicky...and theres also a few flavours of it...reverse clicky/forward clicky and variation of modes

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The Q5 is not the best efficiency wise, the R2 and Rebel 100 beat it in efficiency(the R2 bin also beats it in output).

As for the P3D, the Olight T20 throws a bit further and works a bit differently(twist for the different modes, tap for strobe and SOS).

Either one is a good light.

8% off coupon at Fenix Store is "CPF8".

FrogsInWinter

Enlightened
If by "best" you mean, brightest, then no the Q5 is no longer king of the hill in that category. The Cree R2 bins are available in a limited number of lights and drop-ins now, and the bleeding edge SSC P7 LED is available from Elektro Lumens, DX, and a few custom modders. Later this year the SureFire UB2 Invicitus, using the SSC P7 will (hopefully) be available.

houtex

Enlightened
I recently got both the Tiablo A9 and the Fenix TK10. A9 is somewhat brighter,throws farther but the fenix seems heftier. The Fenix is more pocketable. I don't know,I couldn't choose between the two so I got them both.