Intoducing the Hozelock Turini 400!!

plasmaman

Enlightened
Inspired by JetSkiMark's Blitz, here is a new light using the 36v 400w Philips 7787XHP and JimmyM's amazing JM-SST board
IMG_2265.jpg

The host is a Cibie Apollo Turini car spotlight, which has a fabulous 9" silvered metal reflector, and usually runs an automotive H3 100w bulb. The heavily fresnelled (?) lens was carefully smashed to bits to remove it (from the inside out of course) and a Kiu socket mounted on a plate behind the reflector to get the optimum filament height. A plain glass lens from a standard LarryK type host keeps the moths out.
IMG_2266.jpg

Inside the lamp case is the JM-SST (thanks Jimmy) with remotely mounted and heatsinked FET. Added a 15amp curly cable and switch, and the stylish handle which comes from a garden hose.
IMG_2267.jpg

Inside the Pelicase (in matching yellow please note) lie 12 DeWalt A123's in series in the box, hooked up via Powerpole connectors to the jack socket on the side for power out.

This looks to be as bright as the 600w LarryK 4559X, but waiting for darkness to get outside impression of beam. It ought to be sensational!

FILIPPO

Flashlight Enthusiast
wow!
all my compliments! that's impressive...

cibie are spotlight mounted on most rally car? right?

waiting for beamshots!:poke:

plasmaman

Enlightened
Its this one.......................

TURINI APOLLO Oscar

The "big" lamp for discerning drivers. Body is carbon fibre reinforced polyamide with very high resistance to vibration. It is designed to withstand the worst possible condititions.
otapollo.jpg

nein166

Flashlight Enthusiast
I loved that Blitz Mod this looks AWESOME in matching Yellow!!!

Can't wait to see Beamshots
Projected Runtime?

JimmyM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Inspired by JetSkiMark's Blitz, here is a new light using the 36v 400w Philips 7787XHP and JimmyM's amazing JM-SST board.
This looks to be as bright as the 600w LarryK 4559X, but waiting for darkness to get outside impression of beam. It ought to be sensational!
I recently tested, to failure, a 400W/36V Osram. At 42V it was SCREAMING. I put an aluminum foil barrier between it and me so I could see what I was doing. When it failed (on the way from 42.5 to 43V, it started arcing, melted a soft spot in the glass envelope, and blew the arcing mess out the bottom in loud sharp PFFT!. My bench still bears the scars. IMPRESSIVE.

plasmaman

Enlightened
I recently tested, to failure, a 400W/36V Osram. At 42V it was SCREAMING. I put an aluminum foil barrier between it and me so I could see what I was doing. When it failed (on the way from 42.5 to 43V, it started arcing, melted a soft spot in the glass envelope, and blew the arcing mess out the bottom in loud sharp PFFT!. My bench still bears the scars. IMPRESSIVE.

Looks like 14xA123 might be a tad too much then-
I do have a spare one though.............(thinking):D

DM51

Flashaholic
Hozelock - LOL!

Great mod - looking forward to seeing some beamshots.

Just a thought - seeing that bolt through the handle, would it fit direct onto a tripod?