A flashaholic's dream come true

Sprocketman

Newly Enlightened
There I was at a civic meeting, in a large room with no windows and about 35 other people, pretty well spread out around a large conference table and on the sidelines. We were getting to the conclusion of the meeting and the critical vote that had to be recorded. And every light in the room went out. There were two little red Exit signs but it was black as pitch. No emergency lights. Nothing. Several people got out cell phones, but the screens did nothing to light the room. Nobody else in the room had a flashlight.

Out came the Fenix P1D Q5 in natural finish from my front pocket. In candle mode and turbo-ing 180 lumens it lit up the room enough for the meeting to continue. And from my back pocket the little Kaidomain V3 AAA SSC provided amazingly bright spotlighting advertised as 100 lumens on the chairman and the presentation board behind him. We counted the hands for the vote and finished up the meeting. We packed up our belongings and left, still lit only by my flashlights. Needless to say, there were accolades for the flashaholic, who delighted in explaining that he charges his lights with a solar setup and what they were seeing with was stored up sunlight.

Probably a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Priceless.

Randy

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great story. Glad someone was prepared. Do these people know that it gets dark almost every night in their area of the country?