A Strange Philosophy For A Spam Fighter

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
That's like throwing a box full of mice, rats, and spiders in somebody's kitchen - and that somebody hates mice, rats, and spiders. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
sounds like they just shot themselves in the foot.
maybe a last gasp effort to increase the user base?

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
lol, I'm constantly amazed by this sort of thing. But not surprised. The average marketing executive does not grok how annoying spam is and any way they cook it, if they send me email for something not directly related to something that I specifically asked for then it's spam.

My ISP finally got SpamAssassin running on our email server 3 days ago and between that and the filters built into the Mail client I've only gotten 1 spam email in 3 days. I normally get between 75 and 100 (sometimes more) every day. So I say bring it on! Charge your customers to send 10 million spams but when only a dozen actually arrive it's the spammer that will go out of business.

I will reiterate my call for the internet community to send one last spam to every single owner of an email address. It should advertise some fantastic product that nobody can resist. Then, anybody who responds or replies or clicks the "remove me" link gets their internet privileges revoked forever.

Once those people that respond to spam are gone, the business should collapse quickly /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif