Plug for the CMG Ultra

Trent

Newly Enlightened
In the past year or so I have tried several different pocket lights for everday carry.The arc aaa and aaa le were two small to fit in my hand comfortable, the arc ls and x5 was two wide to be right for my pocket.The batonlight was too long.But the ultra fits my pocket nicely.The light output is better than the aaa le. I can use Lithium batterys and have a long time between changes. Now if someone would put a LS in there with regulation it would be great.

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll second that. The Arc doesn't handle well at all. In fact, I am thinking about putting on shrink tubing on my three Ultra G's. I haven't tried Lithiums in my Ultra's yet. Is there much brightness increase ?

Tree

Flashlight Enthusiast
I preferred lithiums in my Ultra. It made it a tad bit lighter and brighter. The brightness increase, while noticeable, was not much. For a LS version maybe you should see this thread.

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also use lithiums in my Ultra, but thats mostly for weight savings I haven't noticed any brighter output with them, but I haven't done a side by side comparison. My ArcAAA is equally bright as my CMG, so I guess there is still some variation in the output of all these lights.

I do agree with people that the CMG works better in the traditional flashlight hold in the palm of your hand than the ArcAAA. But then, the Arc is smaller so what do you expect /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif I've got an arcAAA in the watch pocket of my jeans right now, the CMG doesn't fit in there.

Now if only someone would make lithium AAA's!

UnknownVT

Flashlight Enthusiast
couldn't agree more - that's exactly the way I feel about the CMG Ultra-G .

I liked the fact it uses just one AA battery.

It is indeed bigger than an ArcAAA - but the Ultra's size is actually a better in pants pocket carry (for me) as it fits nicely and does not get "lost" in the pocket.

And in regular flashlight usage it fits the hand much better and is a lot more comfortable.

That does not prevent me from admiring the marvel of the ArcAAA - but the CMG Ultra-G suits and fits my needs/uses better.
Of course YMMV.

CMG Ultra-G vs. Ultra