Nice 18650 EDC light - first impressions

EDP

Newly Enlightened
I just received this light:
KD CREE P4 LED Flashlight KD# SKU4411
Picture here.

This is the one I've been asking for - a cylindrical, 18650 clickie. It's a Cree P4, about 140 lumens. The quality is better than expected - double o-rings on both ends and plenty of threads. The reflector is longer than equivalent RCR123 lights and gives a tighter hotspot - nice throw. The light is just a touch over 4 inches and, in my opinion, still small enough for EDC. Estimated 2+ hours runtime.

Edit by admin: Offer-to-sell-link replaced with definition of light, to permit pure discussion rather than sales promotion. - Empath

Last edited by a moderator:

EDP

Newly Enlightened
It is definitely a Cree P4. The emitter board has CREE printed on it.

I have no idea where they got the 850 lumen output. I recently constructed a Seoul P7 light with that output, but it was a 3 D-cell light and you'd need very big pockets for it to be an EDC.

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Description has SSC P4
(Description also has 850 lumens!?!)

Pics have a Cree.

Also, you should get more than 2 hours unless the circuit is horribly inefficient, but since all of the other specs are wrong, that one probably is, too.

lightbug

Enlightened
cheetokhan,
All unprotected 18650/17670 fits L-mini. As for the reflector, people usually email me what they want, and I pick the one for them.