Snow in April.

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's snowing in Chicago. About a quarter inch on the ground and still coming down.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
same here in ohio
winter weather advisory bug on tv for counties just north of me.

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior
I was snowed out of my "lane" for a couple days. Snow and lots of NE wind filled my road up. Got to stay near Lake Superior and watch the waves pounding the shore though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.
I think we've had more snow these last two weeks (Spring) than we had all winter. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif
How's that for a smiley series, worth 4K of words?

binky

Flashlight Enthusiast
South of Boston on the coast we're supposed to get 8 inches. And I already summerized my snowblower. Oh well.

But that was yesterday's prediction for tonight. The weather folks here in New England are rarely accurate until I can look out my window and come to the same conclusion.

[edit] So much for 8". We got about maybe an inch. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Last year, it snowed on the 1st day of spring here in downtown Seattle. There were people singing Christmas songs on the sidewalk below, so I hung up some strings of Christmas lights in the window and hung a fake lighted Christmas tree out the window. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

This time around it was in the upper 40s and cloudy (with no snow or slush on the ground), right about where it ought to be for the 1st day of spring around here. At least it wasn't pouring down rain, so my free daffodils didn't get douched. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Now that I think about it, I don't think we got ANY snow in the immediate Seattle area all winter. We usually get dumped on a few times each winter, but not this time around. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Let's see here... it's April 8th, just before 6pm... let's see what happened around 2:05pm today...

safeco88.jpg

Oh yeah, the home opener for the Seattle Mariners!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif
There were $5 cups of pop, the weather was cloudy and around 64°, the wind was blowing to right field around 22mph, the PERFECT DAY for a baseball game!!!

The roof at Safeco Field stayed open for the whole game, and we beat the Anaheim Angels 5-0!

The trip home was a bit slower than usual because of rush hour, but the rain stayed away, so everything stayed dry! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Nope, unfortunately that red carpeting was just for players, coaches, & dignataries. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I used to have a website about Safeco Field, but The LED Museum grew too big and ate it up all gone. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif
At least it wasn't near-freezing with rain & snow this time around. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif