Fenix p2d questions

chew socks

Newly Enlightened
I just got a Fenix L2D, and i love it, but when its on turbo or strobe the led makes a high pitched whining noise (which my laptop back light does sometimes too). Is this bad, or perfectly normal?

Thanks for all the help, but when reading the reviews i noticed alot P2ds mentioned, so i went back to my post and noticed i wrote P2D instead of L2D which has a different circuit so that might make a difference....my bad:oops:

Last edited:

HKJ

Flashaholic
I have not noticed any sound from my Fenix, but this may be due to my age:whistle:.

Electronic regulation uses a high frequency to do the regulation, usual this frequency is outside the audible range (At least for most people). I.e. the sound may be perfectly normal.

Steve L

Flashlight Enthusiast
My L2D, P2D and P3D are all silent and I'm sensitive to the high pitched whine some lights make.

Last edited:

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
My P2D Q2 and Q5 are silent. If the newer P2D's make noise due to different components, does anyone know if these new components offer any advantages to the old ones? :)

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
I just got a Fenix P2D, and i love it, but when its on turbo or strobe the led makes a high pitched whining noise (which my laptop back light does sometimes too). Is this bad, or perfectly normal?

I've never heard my P2D make a whining noise. Your laptop's inverter should not be making that sound either.

MaxIcon

Newly Enlightened
Mine doesn't either, and I'm fairly sensitive to whining electronics. It's a P2D CE without the polarity protection, and it flashes bright when you first turn it on, which I understand was fixed in later models.

chaosmagnet

Newly Enlightened
I hear high-pitched sounds quite well, and I've never heard the sort of whine you describe from my P2D.

robvantour

Newly Enlightened
I have a L2D, only on the turbo mode (with full batteries) it makes that noise.

A friend of mine also has this flashlight and also makes this noise at turbo mode.

My TK10 is absolutely quiet

susuman

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,

I have a P3D (with reverse polarity protection) with no hissing sound at all, but I order another unit P2D Q5 that has loud hissing sound (forgot which mode, but it is not the LOW, it is mode with high brightness : Turbo, High, Strobe etc).

I complain to the supplier, they said it is the new inductor that cause the humming sound, it is nothing wrong with it, but I cannot stand with that sound. But they said most of the P2D has hissing sound, loud or quited, so they ship me a P2d Q5 without the reverse polarity protection, so i think it is the old P2D Q5.

So i wonder, if I reverse the polarity of the P2D, will the flashlight damage :sick2:?

Last edited: