Fathers Day complete for me.

Zeige

Enlightened
My wife was showing my 8 year old daughter a pair of $150.00 shoes(in a magazine). My daughter asked why they were so much? Then she said she would rather have one of dads $150.00 Flashlights LOL

Every night my daughter picks a different light from my desk to be tucked in with. She also has a small collection sitting on her night stand the same way I keep mine on my desk.

Dads Job well done, and perfect timing for Fathers Day...

Happy Fathers Day All!

RGB_LED

Enlightened
Zeige, that is a really cute story... I think I'm getting older as I suddenly find the need to procreate - um, just don't tell my gf that... :eek: Happy father's day to all dad's out there!

Btw, not to put a damper on it but you should preserve that memory because, the sad thing is that, one day, your daughter will likely prefer the shoes. :sigh:

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is just awesome. Your daughter has her priorities in the right place.

Bless you all.

Triple A

Newly Enlightened
We Are Brothers!!

My 4 year old daughter also goes to bed with multiple flashlights each night, and understands how to turn on and off almost every different light I own- despite various levels of complication! (The other night my wife couldn't get my Novatac 120p on because it was in lockout mode. My daughter told her to press the tailcap 3 times fast to turn it on!!)

I feel very good that I have shared flashlights with her- and their amazing properties as both a great tool, and a great toy! It sounds like you have instilled your daughter with the value of something you enjoy- nothing better than that!! I wish you many "bright" years together!!

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!! :party:

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have two boys, 5 and 3. They both have a growing collection of flashlights. :) I think their favorites are their 2AA Minimag's that I put 1-watt luxeon's in with the IQ switch. This is the NiteIze (sp?) upgrade available at Walmart, etc. They are plenty bright and I think the IQ switch will shut them off if they leave them on.

My 3 year old's favorite light that I own is my Nitecore DI. He likes to hold the glow in the dark fob infront of the NDI and charge it up. I often loan my 5 year old my P2D, set on low, if he needs a light and he doesn't have his. I have a feeling in a couple years I'll have a bunch of new lights that make my current lights look dim, and I will pass my current lights onto them as they get older, keeping the newer and brighter ones for myself. :)

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
I keep buying my Dad American made lights. His side of the family hail from the rust belt, and the least we can do is supporting American industry. It's my little way of saying someone still cares.

that reminds me, I need to tell him that the E1B and G2L I left there are for him.:eek:oo:

Last edited: