Check out the new STREAMLIGHT's

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check out the new STREAMLIGHT\'s

tombies notified me that brightguy has the new streamlight twin task series and luxeon lights on his site for pre order. you can see them HERE along with other new lights.

kind of disappointed there is only a 3AA configuration for the luxeon and no xenon only version of the twin task 1L/2L. could do without the adjustable focus.

nice prices though, and includes lanyard.

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Check out the new STREAMLIGHT\'s

I'm not sure why there isn't much discussion here about the new streamlight task lights as well as their Nf(night fighter) group as well. The specs on these lights looks pretty interesting to me and i'm sure will be quite successful when they come out in June, I believe it is.Here is the link for the specs for their new lights. This will be verrrrrrrry interesssting.
http://www.streamlight.com/tl-nf_specs.htm

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast

i think the twin-task lights will be a fantastic and very useful addition to anyone's light collection.

it seems that they would be a great light for a non-flashaholic, since they have the wonderful long-life flood of led's and the super-bright long range of xenon.
the only difficuly would be the batteries, but they can be had online relatively inexpensively. not to mention that they have a very long shelf life anyway.

Bob

Darkcobra

Enlightened

tkl has the link to the Twin Task lights in his post.
The Streamlight brand along with a great price will make the TL line part of my collection /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

Patrick Hayes

Newly Enlightened

Thanks, I have already pre ordered a Twin Task L1 from Brightguy. The Twin Task is a difeferant series than the TL (tactical light) and NF (night fighter) sereis. Those lights are much closer to the Surefire type light. I'm now looking for a source that is selling or taking orders for those lights.
Patrick

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast

Is it just my eyes, or does the 3AA LS Tasklight look like it is using a reflector instead of optics??

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
tkl said:
no xenon only version of the twin task

[/ QUOTE ]

this is the NIGHT FIGHTER version?? i thought i remembered seeing a lithium xenon only version.

and yes, i too am surpised these aren't getting more "play" here. folks, these are going to be very affordable from a solid company. these will be very popular with the masses. i'm going to get my pops one of the night fighters.

i'd like to see life on their bulbs and prices, probably similiar to scorpion i'm sure.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

Given the almost-too-low-to-be-true prices, if these new SL's live up to their expectations they will blow some of the traditional specialty lightmakers out of the water...

I have no doubt the Nuwai clone-like versions were contracted out for overseas manufacture, but the more specialized Tactical and NightFighter models like the 5-watt Luxeon TL-3 will probably be made in the USA (to be taken with the usual MR Bulk disclaimer: "That's my story and I'm stickin' to it")...

Reaper

Enlightened

Patrick:

I believe saw the Streamlight Tactical Lights on the webpage from Action Lights.com, however I did not see Night Fighters.

shipinretech

Enlightened

It looks like a reflector on the 3AA LS Tasklight. That should produce an interesting beam pattern from an LED that is designed to be used with a collimnating optical lens.

I also note that they list the life of a 1W Luxeon as 10K hours, which is substantially less than the rated life of 100K. What do you suppose they are using for heat sinking with their overdriven Luxeon?

Please note that I am a competitor and biased.

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast

I think I have to go take a cold shower! They are all very sexy for Streamlights especially the TL and NF series, and the fact that they are going to offer them in my personal favorite color, OD green, THAT is almost too much to take!! Gotta find a way to make more cabbage to buy more lights hmmmm.......... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Later,
TSG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast

Quote:it seems that they would be a great light for a non-flashaholic, since they have the wonderful long-life flood of led's and the super-bright long range of xenon>>>>>>>>>

Why only for a NON-flashaholic ? What the heck else could you ask for ? Aluminum construction, a REAL switch, instead of those horrible two handed "twist on-off" ? Faceted reflector ? A reliable and well thought of company guarantee ?

I would also like for someone to explain the often said statement that "an adjustable spot-flood is some how not great". I find that feature absolutely wonderful. I must be missing something here.

I think these lights will bring on a revolution.... Surefire might not be able to charge $$$$$ very much longer. (yes, I own a bunch of Surefires).

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast

the link to the night fighters I left has been taken off of streamlights main page, strange, I guess they are getting too many inquiries, I'm not sure how I managed to get to the specifications page , because it took several tries, I know that they will cause a big fuss. I imagine there will be a lot of people that will insist they are junk no matter what their performance is. I expect to one day see flashlight manufacturers making flashlights that don't actually provide any light but look really cool, almost like jewelry, what a better way to make something collectible. Personally, I want the best bang for the buck with just a bit of cool, but I don't think that would include plastic, yuck.

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast

John, to answer your two questions, in my own opinion that is. I think that alot of flashoholics EDC at least one high output Incandescent and at least one Luxeon Star based LED and what they were trying to imply is that a seasoned flashoholic would not be impressed with the lower output of the three smaller LED's therefore would not be interested in the dual beam (unless of course they developed one with a Luxeon and a xenon high output lamp), one light option of carry. I don't think they meant any offense to anyone interested in this type of carry (I do think SF could possibly be in for a severe price drop on their A2 if the streamlights become a decent competitor). And addressing the adjustable focus, most (myself included) find that a focusing bezel does not offer a decent beam picture throughout the range of focus and may compromise the possibility of the near perfect beam of a fixed focus light, this hearkens to a saying in the construction business that states that any tool that claims to do more than one job has a tendency to do all jobs poorly, while a tool meant for a single job has the refinement to execute said job flawlessly. Both of these reasons are why carry two EDC lights, an SF C2 and an LSH-P ( I carry an Arc AAA LE as a small emergency light too). I am now really anticipating the Streamlights though but more for the Xenon NF and luxeon TL series. The dual xenon and LED lights would be more my fathers speed as he likes to keep fewer things in his pocket.

Kiethhr, whats wrong with plastic? My G2 looks cool and has the added benefit of better water resistance, lighter weight and better shock absorbancy than any of my aluminum lights.

Later,
TSG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast

tsg68
I love my G2 Nitrolon, probably my favorite all around flashlight along with my ARC LSH. The G2 was my first purchase after checking out these forums and discovering that my 3year old lightwave 4 led light was just the tip of the iceberg,