So I was thinking...

Shreknow91

Enlightened
Of buying a used Jeep Wrangler

Any body have any advice? Any one not like theirs?

Any one wanna sell me theirs for 20 bucks?
haha.gif

Nah, but seriously, what should I look for?

:confused:

pileofskulls.gif

iNDiGLo

"the Precious..."
JEEP = Just Empty Every Pocket...

If you only have $20 you need to quit now. Jeeps can be a very expensive hobby depending on what you want to do with them.

Look for a Jeep Wrangler TJ between 2002 and 2006. Get a Rubicon if you can afford it. It will already be geared correctly, have lockers front/rear, low range transfer case and will probably go more places than you care to drive.

Gas mileage will suck but they are a blast to drive.

:thumbsup:

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jeez you people are nuts, before gas price went crazy nobody mentioned they want one, but on another smaller forum two guys have both brought wranglers in the past few months.

Regard rubicon, depends what you plan to do with it, it may or may not be necessary. If you got any specific questions on TJ's, lemme know.

Best model year for wrangler is 96 however, they are very very rare but come with whole bunch of goodies from factory because they were testing them, and when they done testing they got rid all of them for the next model year. You just need to find one first.

Last edited:

Shreknow91

Enlightened
What is the difference between The X, sahara, and rubicon?

And Is there a dedicated jeep wrangler enthusiest forum? or just a jeep forum in general?

Thanks

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
What is the difference between The X, sahara, and rubicon?

And Is there a dedicated jeep wrangler enthusiest forum? or just a jeep forum in general?

Thanks

No wrangler forum as far as I know, no big ones at least. But the wrangler forum at jeepforum.com see plenty of action. I go by the same user name there but have been inactive for a while now.

X is cheapest 6 cylinder, sahara add body trim and some badge, all appearance stuff, rubicon add low gearing to axle/transfer case, front/back locker, offroad tires and some other small bits.