maglite solitare

jasonsmaglites

Enlightened
i couldn't help it. i saw a silver mag solitaire at walmart for 4.88 and had to have one. what should i upgrade this with. i'm making a move away from super bright aaa's cause i don't think the batteries can handle it. however, i don't mind being pushed in that direction either. i am on cpf after all :)

what are some options for upgrading the mag solitaire?

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Someone else recently asked this same question. The decent upgrades for the solitaire cost more than buying a better than an upgraded solitaire light costs. I would recommend either drilling out the reflector for a decent 5mm led and buying a spring and a 12v car alarm remote battery for it or taking it back and ordering a fenix E01 for $15 from 4sevens. The E01 is a better light than the upgraded solitaire.

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
The MJ Solitaire upgrades are gone from both Lighthound and Sandwich Shoppe. Which leaves the $20 Tektite LT-3™. That is $5 more than the Fenix E01.

I would suggest using the Solitaire in stock form and enjoy that distinctive reddish orange glow. :devil:

Lucky I modded mine a couple years back.
Solitaire.jpg

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
You could do the cheap mod... get a spring from a hardware store a 12v remote control battery, a 5mm LED and cut the reflector to fit and you have an LED solitaire.