Flashlight Enthusiast
i am back...

been dwelling at other forums since 2 years(or maybe 1 year) ago

what did i miss?

also...
anyone remember me? :nana:

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since you were gone only 9 months you should know all about the Cree revolution.

The only 'new' LED since then is the SSC-P7. It is just 4*Cree dies in a huge LED case. The lights so far out are the cheapies from DX and KD or M@gmods. Wolf-eyes just released theirs and Battery Junction started taking pre-orders for the Lumapower. Surefire announced the UB2 Invictus.

Some manufacturers have released LED lights with the 5A neutral warm white tint. Dereelight is the 1st followed by DX with a P60 drop-in. Fenix just announced theirs.
McGizmo released the Sundrop with a high CRI LED with even better colour rendition.

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefires are too expensive for me. So I have not kept up with them.

Surefire have released some lights with Crees but the model#s seem the same as the Luxeon ones. I have no clue how to make sure I get a Cree instead of the Luxeon. Check with the dealers over at CPFMP.

Surefire has released the Titan in Ti. Small CR2 light. Rotating the head gives continuing increasing levels. Cute.

In addition to the 400 lumen UB2, Surefire has announced the UA2 Optimus. Rotating the ring gives different levels like the old U2 (now has strobe as one of the levels). I believe it also has a zoom lens.

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I remember you.

In addition to the SSC P7 there's the Cree MC-E which also has 4 dice but can be wired in any configuration; (4s, 2s2p, 4p). This should be coming out pretty soon.

Surefire E2L and E1L are using cree and now have 2 modes.

KL5 head (Lux V) has been upgraded to KL5A with SSC P4.

U2 (Lux V) has just been upgraded to U2A (SSC P4) not to be confused with upcoming UA2