Fenix TK11 vs Wolf-Eyes 6AX (LED 260 lumens)

UlrikJ

Newly Enlightened

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Both of those lumen figures are manufacturer claims and should be taken with a grain of salt. Which is brighter is hard to say, but you won't be able to tell the difference between 225 and 260 lumens anyway. Human eyes don't work like that. Look at other features on the lights and make your decision from there.
If you want throw go with the TK11 and a smooth reflector. If you want the ability to upgrade in the future get the Wolf Eyes. Both lights are tough and offer plenty of bang for the buck.

Metatron

Banned
wolfy will give u a warm white light bordering on yellow, good for outdoor use, the tk11 will give u a whiter light. both nice, prefer wolfy though as will take upgrades...

Albinoni

Banned
Both of those lumen figures are manufacturer claims and should be taken with a grain of salt. Which is brighter is hard to say, but you won't be able to tell the difference between 225 and 260 lumens anyway. Human eyes don't work like that. Look at other features on the lights and make your decision from there.
If you want throw go with the TK11 and a smooth reflector. If you want the ability to upgrade in the future get the Wolf Eyes. Both lights are tough and offer plenty of bang for the buck.

If you want throw go with the TK11 and a smooth reflector.

Correct me if I'm wrong here but there is the TK10 and the TK11. Now as far as I know the TK10 comes with a smooth reflector and the TK11 an OP reflector, but both torches are the same just different reflector basically.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Albinoni, the Tk10 has the OP and the TK11 has the SMO.

Both of the lights would have similar output by eye.

Best and brightest would depend on your uses for the light. The Fenix has multimode but the Wolfeye would be easier to upgrade. But if you want ease of upgradeableility, also look at the better P60 accepting lights like the Surefire 6P, C2, and Dereelight CL1H.

:welcome:

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
My question is - what do you plan to do with this flashlight?

Just off the cuff, if I had to deploy in a week, I'd buy the Fenix for the overall hands-on use. I don't much care for the Wolf-Eyes reverse clicky.

Of course, given the option and time, I'd buy a SF and a third-party LED drop-in for flexibility and customization - but that's just me. :D

-Trevor

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don`t see prices on the Wolf Eyes site? I like the 580 lumen p7 sniper.

UlrikJ

Newly Enlightened

Just off the cuff, if I had to deploy in a week, I'd buy the Fenix for the overall hands-on use. I don't much care for the Wolf-Eyes reverse clicky.

Of course, given the option and time, I'd buy a SF and a third-party LED drop-in for flexibility and customization - but that's just me. :D

-Trevor

I just wanted a really good LED light and those two lights are the one I have to choose between.

The Wolf-Eyes costs approx. $157 USD and the Fenix costs $107 USD. (LED lights are not cheap here in Denmark :-( ).

At the moment I am choosing the Fenix TK11 because of the big price difference between that and the Wolf-Eyes.

Also 16850 batteris (TK11) are cheaper that the 168A from Wolf-Eyes. Are those two batteries the same or not ?

Glen C

Enlightened

Kudos on asking the intended use of the light. Just for accuracy, the Wolf Eyes use a forward clicky

KeeperSD

Enlightened
The Wolf-Eyes costs approx. $157 USD and the Fenix costs $107 USD. (LED lights are not cheap here in Denmark :-( ).
Are these prices from a local site or shop? Just wondering as the cost on US sites between the two lights are very similar.

I don't think you could really go wrong with either light, but the Wolf Eyes does offer the upgrade option.

UlrikJ

Newly Enlightened
The prices are from two danish web/online shops. And the prices are the cheapest in Denmark.

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kudos on asking the intended use of the light. Just for accuracy, the Wolf Eyes use a forward clicky

I thought the definition of a "reverse clicky" was:
Most flashlight uses reverse clicky switch. When the reverse clicky switch is depressed, the light is out. Forward clicky (tactical) switch gives momentary flash function. When the switch on forward clicky is depresed, light is on instead.

I'll have to dig out my Defender and check the tailcap again.

OP - "a good light" covers a lot of ground. Something used indoors and around the house needs a lower brightness so you don't blind yourself and others, unless you're talking tactical considerations.

Also, don't forget you sacrifice run time for power - in case of an emergency, you might find yourself swapping out batteries quite a bit.

-Trevor

Tekno_Cowboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
The wolf-eyes will probably give you brighter spill as well, though I've not played enough with the fenix lights to know for sure. Check the Raider review in my sigline for a look at a little longer version of the sniper.

Oh, and I believe that PTS-Flashlights offers a multi-mode version, for those lower light situations, though international shipping could be killer.

KeeperSD

Enlightened
Forward clicky (tactical) switch gives momentary flash function. When the switch on forward clicky is depresed, light is on instead
This sums up the switch on the WE Sniper, Raider and Rattlesnake. Some of the Wolf Eyes range feature a reverse clickie, but not any of these i just mentioned.

ThatGuyBri

Newly Enlightened
Fenix tk11 is not well regulated with 18650s. www.light-reviews.com has a run time graph. After an hour, output is down by approximately 25%.

The Dereelight CL1H 1S and 3SD are regulated with 18650s and are popular on the forum. These drive the Q5 LED at 1.2A. I'm not aware of any other flashlights that can drive the LED harder. (the CL1H 2SD in www.light-reviews.com was defective. The DBS 2SD shows a run time of the same electronics).

Last edited:

UlrikJ

Newly Enlightened
I still have (if I want to but the flashlight in Denmark) only two options: the Wolf-Eyes and the Fenix.

And of course the Fenix went sold out today and the waiting time is > 14 days :-(. I still think that the Wolf-Eyes is to expensive compared to the Fenix.

I have not seen a single review of the Wolf-Eyes 6AX (Sniper) with 260 Lumens - only seen one review of the old WE 6AX version with 170 Lumens.
Does anyone know of a review of the WE 6AX 260 Lumens version ???