Police officer has to quit this board!

peide01

Newly Enlightened
Its strange how things change so fast, as of yesterday i decided on a back up light pd30 by fenix and i was all set to order it, then all of a sudden i just happen to jump back on these forums and a different light catches my eye the olight m20.

Now i am back to where i started with 2 options.

Fenix pd30
olight m20

seems the olight has the same functionablitly as the fenix but it offers a momentary on capability and dont have to worry about reverse clickie. man this is making me go crazy i couldnt sleep last night due to trying to decide what to get. ANy suggestions would be appreciated!

firefly99

Enlightened
As an LEO, your best bet is to get a light that is design and built for your line of work. Something that is reliable.

Lights from other brands such as Fenix, DX are meant for flashaholics who want the brightest, cheapest flavour of the month. Practically, every day / week there will be an improved model. It is a never ending race.

Just my 2 cents.

sORe-EyEz

Enlightened
get the light with the forward clickie. :bow: frankly have you used a light with a reversed clickie?

Patriot

Flashaholic
I very much enjoy and respect the Fenix, but for that application I'd go with the forward clickie.

IcantC

Enlightened
I personally would not use a reverse clicky for LE work. With that being said my backups(SF A2), backup is a Jetbeam CL-E with a reverse clicky :D.

I did order a SF backup over the Fenix PD20 due to the switch. I think I should be getting it today.

My order now is
SF Z2>E1B>A2>CL-E :D

I still have other lights with me though, not on my person(M6 and M@gs).

And yes please quit, these aholes are making me buy a DBS now :D:poke::laughing:

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congrats - you're hooked.

I think someone still has the number for Flashaholics Anonymous. :nana:

-Trevor

Sector7

Enlightened
For LEO work I would not trust these flashlights as they are not truely field tested....if you really want to pick one, go with the M20, keep atleast a SF with a Malkoff M60 as a backup. :thumbsup:

Btw, they do sell tactical clickes for the Fenix L1D/L2D line.

Last edited:

lronchef

Newly Enlightened
Way to go! You really screwed up a good thing...you "DECIDED" on something..then blew it! lol

So yeah, seriously, you HAVE TO get them both. Heck, just get them both, make the olight your primary light, and the fenix your backup. Then after a week, swap roles! lol

And yes, that olight looks awesome. 250Lumens claim probably translates to just 200 like an R2 would do in a lamp like that. I wonder if the regulation is equal to that of the Fenix and if there's any battery leaking since it is a twist on light i think.

Sector7

Enlightened
I know they have people that have torture tested them but you also read people that have dropped them and/or have failures. For LEOs, you simply can't take a chance on that one time you got the lemon at a critical moment. Thats all I am saying....:whistle: Those tests you are linking doesn't include the M20 for it just came out, the PD30 which he is asking about is not even available yet, so your argument is only valid for the other Fenix models.

Last edited:

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Its strange how things change so fast, as of yesterday i decided on a back up light pd30 by fenix and i was all set to order it, then all of a sudden i just happen to jump back on these forums and a different light catches my eye the olight m20.

Now i am back to where i started with 2 options.

Fenix pd30
olight m20

seems the olight has the same functionablitly as the fenix but it offers a momentary on capability and dont have to worry about reverse clickie. man this is making me go crazy i couldnt sleep last night due to trying to decide what to get. ANy suggestions would be appreciated!

:ohgeez:You remind me of me. Oh well, let`s see...eany, meany miny mo catch a tiger by...got it...M20. No doubt. Get a good nights sleep ;)