Brock... (and the Arc AAA)

Kentucky Rifle

Newly Enlightened
I don't wish to embarrass him or anything, but "Brock" has been a lot of help to me. Both in helping me get this antique webTV box to post and by helping me with which LED lamp I needed. I'd like to say thank's and I feel lucky he was there when I needed help. (I purchased the gray special edition Arc.) Bright Guy said that the special edition models had brighter LED's. Also, it seems like EVERYBODY is happy with their Arc light. Is there anyone who was disappointed with their one double A Arc light? Oh, and does the Arc come with a lanyard or anything other accessory? I intend to fly with my new Arc Light on a lanyard around my neck. I had a total electrical failure one dark night and the "pucker factor" got rather high. The other pilots on the board will know what I'm talking about. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif The rest of the time the new Arc will ride in the pocket of my jeans~just like my pocket knife~it will become "daily equipment".

Thanks,
KR

Empath

Flashaholic
Re: Brock...

[ QUOTE ]
Kentucky Rifle said:
Is there anyone who was disappointed with their one double A Arc light?

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, it's a triple A light. The CMG Infinity and Infinity Plus are the double A lights. They're both great little lights. Your preferences will probably be based on your personal needs regarding their size. For some, being smaller is a minus, for others it's a plus. The same goes for the Infinity's largers size.

shrap

Enlightened

Arcs don't come with lanyards.

The Infinity Ultras (1-AA light) comes with a lanyard. Maybe you should get one of those instead.

Enjoy your Arc. If you don't like it, they hold their value pretty well here, and you can sell it on the B/S/T board.

I can't imagine an electrical failure on a plane being too good of a situation...

Brock

Flashaholic

Glad to see you made it!

I edited the title so people know what were talking about, besides me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Did I say the Arc was an AA, if I did I am pleading insanity /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif it is an AAA as other have noted.

C

Cosmic Superchunk

[ QUOTE ]
Kentucky Rifle said:does the Arc come with a lanyard or anything other accessory?

[/ QUOTE ]

The Arc AAA does not come with a lanyard, but it does have a split ring so you can attach a lanyard to it. However, all current models do come with pocket clips.

BigMac

Enlightened
I found that the pocket clip on mine is very tight, and it is not coming off any time soon.

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, Arc does use AA battery. Anybody remember Arcfinity? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
It also uses a 2AA body (LS, that is)... Very versatile... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

eluminator

Flashlight Enthusiast
And the original Arc LS could run on one AA and there was a one AA battery holder. They were dimmer than when using 2 AA or the 123. I believe the current ones can't run on one AA. The electronics have been changed.

Very few people are disappointed with the Arc AAA. They are about as good as they get with one Nichea LED. If the 4 1/2 hour run time isn't good enough, you'll want the CMD Infinity Ultra. If one LED isn't enough, well how bright do you want it?

If you have two spark plugs in each cylinder, you might want some flashlight backup too. It couldn't hurt to drop a Photon II in your pocket.

Lost your electronics? Radio and nav equipment? I guess your compass and altimeter still worked.

There was a guy that sometimes flies a slow Cessna into the small airport around here that lost everything electrical one night hauling bank checks from Rochester NY to Teterboro. The entire NorthEast had bad visibility that December night. He flew straight over Teterboro (didn't know it, of course) and three hundred miles over the Atlantic. An alert Air Traffic Controller figured it out and called the Mass. Air National Guard. A couple of F15s found him and led him to Atlantic City airport.

As for me, I just stay on the ground.

Kentucky Rifle

Newly Enlightened
Yep,
Compass, alt, and a few other things worked. I thought that I had posted the story here, but I reckon it went somewhere else. Anyway, at night, I always (formally) flew with a "2 double A Mag-Lite" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif on a lanyard around my neck. When the lights went out I twisted the cap on that little Mag-Lite and felt "saved" when it lit the panel up. About 3 or 4 minutes later~~the BULB burned out!! It was one of those nasty little surprises life throws at you every now and then. So, I had to fly the plane, twist off the other end of the little Mag-Lite, get the spare bulb out from under that spring in the butt piece and insert the new bulb where the dead bulb was~~in the dark, by "feel" alone. After I got the Mag-Lite working again, I decided I was going to be an "LED man" from then on.
Plus, my great little special edition "one triple A" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Arc Light came from Bright Guy yesterday. It's all you guys said it was and more! I'm very pleased with my new Arc.

KR