I need some help :)

ZombaiO

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,
My name is Bojidar.I am from Stara Zagora,Bulgaria.
I have to write an article for a bulgarian weapons magazine.The article should be about flashlights,more specific - KRYPTON VS XENON.
I know,that there's an awful lot of info on the web,but I just can't find anything,that works for me...
Would you be so kind,to give me some info or links on this subject ?
Sorry if my English isn't quite good,but it's not my national language :)

Greetings,
Bojidar

HKJ

Flashaholic
Both are gasses that can be filled into a incandescent light and will allow the light to run at higher temperature giving it better efficiency.

Xenon gasses is also used in another type of bulb, usual called HID (High Intensity Discharge).

A third type of bulb used in flashlights are leds.

For information about the different types of bulb, wikipedia is a good source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_light_sources

For more flashlight information, try check our welcome mat: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/172991

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Do you mean Xenon as in High Intensity Discharge or Xenon gas filled bulbs?

What about LEDs? They have increased A LOT from the 5mm LEDs that most people have/know.

How would you like to compare them?
Durability?
Output?
Color?
Tint?
Color Rendering?
Price?
Size?
Runtime for comparable size?
Throw?

:welcome:

Juggernaut

Flashlight Enthusiast
Honestly there is little to compare to. I know of little, "lets make that next to none". of high performance flashlights that still use Krypton bulbs. It's like saying what's better a P4 LED or a Q5 LED… one is just better then the other. True that it seams like Magnum star Xenon bulbs are more fragile then the stock Maglite Krypton ones, but that is not because of the gas but the thinner more overdriven filament to produce more efficiency. If they had simply changed gases then the performance difference would have been very little. Simply put as you change gases krypton, to Halogen, to Xenon. You simply end up with a better bulb "could be wrong here because you see little use of xenon in long duration filament uses "mostly Halogen"".

sntangerbg

Newly Enlightened
Hello Bojidar,
I am a Bulgarian too, though living in the US for a while now,
I am a long time lurker here, but have "some knowledge" in lights. PM me and we can do some exchange of info...

Zdrasti Bojidare,
az sam v US ot dosta vreme, ako imash nuzda ot pomosht mozesh da me PM. Za kakvo po tochno pishesh, feneri sas ksenonovi lampi, ili prikacheni za oruzijeto osvetiteli?
ako ti trijabva poveche info, mozesh napravo da mi se obadish, az imam bulgarski nomer, koito se prehvarlija avtomatichno kam mobilnija mi v Shtatite: 073-500-301 (az sam originalno ot blagoevgrad, zatova i koda e 073)
Borislav

ZombaiO

Newly Enlightened
Do you mean Xenon as in High Intensity Discharge or Xenon gas filled bulbs?

What about LEDs? They have increased A LOT from the 5mm LEDs that most people have/know.

How would you like to compare them?
Durability?
Output?
Color?
Tint?
Color Rendering?
Price?
Size?
Runtime for comparable size?
Throw?

I mean it like xenon gas filled bulbs.All the things you've mentioned are very good for the comparison.