Looking for 1xCR123 flashlight

kenL

Newly Enlightened
Looking for 1xCR123 flashlight. I would like to use rechargeable batteries. Can't decide between C2H, P10C and Extreme. I currently have a L2D Q5 and nitecore D10
Any suggestion is welcome, thanks.

andylondon

Newly Enlightened
:welcome:

If you want good regulation and runtime, i would go for the Olight T10 2008 edition. It takes both rechargeable CR123a's and primaries. Or if you just want the brightest then go for the Dereelight C2H R2 and instal the smooth reflector. Both are very good lights although i wish the C2H upgraded it's smooth body with some knurling in its next version, like the Olight T10 did.

cheetokhan

Enlightened
Looking for 1xCR123 flashlight. I would like to use rechargeable batteries. Can't decide between C2H, P10C and Extreme. I currently have a L2D Q5 and nitecore D10
Any suggestion is welcome, thanks.

A quick comparison of my single CR123 lights:

• Nitecore EX1GDP- I really like the PD drive and the user interface seems very intuitive to me, easy to operate, super low level, wide, smooth, floody beam, tailstands perfectly. An all around great light if you don't need a throwy beam.

• Shiningbeam Romisen RC-N3-Q5. This was my very first 123 cell light. I had planned to use this light with 2XAA cells, but when I held it in my hand with the 1X123 cell, it just fit so nice that this size light quickly became my favorite. It's very well built, mine has a nice, warm beam, and it's got a simple, forward clicky switch with no modes. Simple, cheap, and well built. My 18 year old son liked this light so much, he decided to keep it for himself. I'll be ordering another soon.

• Jet II IBS- my current favorite light for the wonderful user interface. Has a very good throw for such a small light. The best built light I own- flawless machine work. This light is a perfect fit in my hand.

• EagleTac T10C- My brightest single 123 cell light. I think the only light i have that puts out more lumens is my Romisen RC-T6, but it has 6 LEDs:grin2:. Extremely smooth, warm, wide beam. The hotspot is not a tight beam like the Jet, so it doesn't really throw as far. Nice clip that works well in my pocket. Super simple user interface- turn it on with the forward tail clicky and twist the head to switch between bright and really bright.

• Dereelight C2H- I hate this light. It has sharp edges on the tailcap that poke my thumb every time I use it, and the user interface is a real pain in the .... It has a very stiff forward clicky, and if you press it briefly to get a quick look at something, it cycles to the next level. You have to switch it all the way on and off rapidly to switch levels, and you have to do that through all the levels to get back to where you started. And you're getting stabbed by the crappy tailcap every time you press the switch. Even with the OP reflector, the beam is pretty ringy. I haven't bothered trying the smooth reflector. This light was a big waste of money.

My favorite is the Jet II IBS. It has a great user interface, nice, throwy beam, and it feels so nice in my hand- no sharp edges anywhere.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
  • Jet II IBS- my current favorite light for the wonderful user interface. Has a very good throw for such a small light. The best built light I own- flawless machine work. This light is a perfect fit in my hand.
My favorite is the Jet II IBS. It has a great user interface, nice, throwy beam, and it feels so nice in my hand- no sharp edges anywhere.

+1, my Jet II IBS has been my EDC for some time now; The interface is so good that it makes other lights seem awkward by comparison, and the throw/output/runtime bests many other manufacturers' two-cell lights. Highly recommended.

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
The EagleTac P10C is your best choice.
I got to test the EagleTac lights at a recent PhotonFest at Milky's house recently. I was very impressed with them. The P10C is so bright it was hard to believe. The only thing about it that may bother someone is its size. For a single cell light it is on the large side. If that's not a problem then I would highly recommend it. I have not seen/tried a Jet II IBS.

Welcome to CPF.

Last edited: