"FENIX" pronunciation: final word

brightnorm

Flashaholic
This has been discussed in at least two previous threads, but here is Fenix's own statement, taken from their website:

"The 'Fenix' name roots in 'Phoenix', the mythical bird, the two names also share the same pronunciation. The Phoenix is a creature of perfection: beautiful, flawless and everlasting, this is what we try to embody in every one of our products. We have an extensive R&D team and a quality large-scale manufacturing facility, both of which are imperative for providing outstanding and innovative products. We at Fenix strive to develop world-class tools and stand behind our products."

http://www.fenixlight.com/company/index.htm

Unfortunately, as a creature of habit, I'll probably keep saying "Fennix".

Brightnorm

LightKnife

Newly Enlightened
Actually fenix is the spanish spelling for Phonenix. So first i thought these were mexican lights :)

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Really? I thought that there was no question about it: Feenix.

But I didn't read those two other threads.

Turbo DV8

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, the final word is that it's a hard "E" just because the word has it's roots in the word Phoenix? Hmmm... I'm sure someone can come up with a word, which has it's roots in another word, but the emphasis on the consonants is different! Devil's Advocate, here! :devil:

Marduke

Flashaholic
Pronounced just like the Arizona state capital.

Despite that, I still find myself pronouncing it the "other" way because old habits die hard....

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
If they wanted people to say Phoenix they should have spelled it that way.

They used the Spanish word, but don't want people to keep the pronunciation? That's pretty bold.

Enjoy my new quesadilla and tortilla sandwich.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix is also the last name of the main character in the PC game 'Gears of War' i.e. Marcus Fenix :p

Hellbore

Enlightened
I always just assumed that Fenix was a name that followed the typical business practice of taking a common English word and spelling it uniquely to use it as brand name... and it appears my assumption was correct! Gotta go with your gut sometimes :p

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had always thought Fenix was Felix and Phoenix mixed. You know, Felix the Cat, the wonderful, wonderful cat! Whenever he gets in a fix, he reaches into his bag of tricks and pulls out a Fenix!

Patriot

Flashaholic
Ha! Funny. I never realized that their was any question about it. Maybe because the the city Phoenix is so close.